My 3d modeling stuff

uedftus

The one that looks like a curvy spine. It's the one in all three pictures; which are not just the best but only pictures I could find. As for polycount, I can't speak as to the numbers, but I do have a middle-range laptop, so nt so low as to look absurd, but not game-crashingly high.

Basically, I trust your judgement. You da modder!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am da modeler but thanks.

See what I can whack out today, right now actually. Lol get it out of the way. I should post results soon and you can tell me what i screwed up from the poor ref images lol.

EDIT:

@nateman

ok good. an axe. It's super low poly.. the majority of the detail is the texture. I don't currently know enough to texture. So the majority of the detail of this weapon will be done by someone else. Just a thought.

I bet I can get the curvy knife, the axe and the sword all done today and then I can cross them off haha if they're not designed wrong.

BTW the Medieval Blade series has some very similar WOW weapons in there so wait around for those if you have more WOW requests, I don't want to do doubles lol. I guess that'll be the next part. And then the FINAL part, the hard stuff like maces and complicated knives... haha it'll been easy up to then.

hey uedftus i need some nifs made for my mod

if you accept then here are what i need (so far)

Sleestax

T-Rex

Pylons

Leters= M-O-T-E-L

i will think of what else i need for my mod later

if you dont want to help then i will politely go elsewhere

but i would really like some help (reason i need the sleestax and trex is cause i want to stick with the theme of the movie Land of the Lost

if any one will help i will add yor name to the readme when i (if i remember) make the readme

wtf is Sleestax?

By plyons you mean like a barrier stick things?

I know you can use nif scope to import my .objs and export as .nifs. I have nifscope but I don't know how to export stuff in there.

And you better credit me lol......

Creating models of swords and shields is very easy. It becomes a whole new level of complication when it comes to armor (rigging and clipping issues which have to be checked in-game to see if all works as intended). Creatures are even more involved which may require animation if an existing creature does not fit the bill. The closest creatures in-game that I can think of for a sleestak is a goblin. The T-Rex can use the clannfear skeleton.

Basically;

A sword model can take 3 to 6 work hours to make from start to finish. (model + UV map + collision model + texture + inventory icon)

A complete armor set can take 40 to 160 work hours from start to finish. (5 wearable pieces + 5 world/ground models (+collision models) + UV maps + textures + 5 menu icons + rigging X 2 for alternate gender)

A creature using an existing skeleton / animations can take 8 to 24 work hours from start to finish. (1 model + rigging + UV Map + textures)

A creature using a new skeleton and new animations? I don't have a good estimate but I have heard that the animations for a dragon could take 6 months of dedicated work.

EDIT: Jacob Black is talking about an O-L-D TV show called Land of the Lost...I'll dig up some pictures of the items he is talking about.

EDIT: Well, it seems they made a remake recently so I don't know which one he is talking about now. 1970's version and the 2009 version

1974 Sleestack

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Land_of_the_Lost_%281974%29_-_Enik_and_the_Marshalls.jpg

LHammonds

you can see a pic of the sleestax on the nexus file server my mod is called Land of the Lost Beta

but if it is too much work then i will just make a topic for the request (should have done it anyway, oops)

and to make it a little clearer My mod is based on the 2009 Movie the Land of the Lost

T-Rex Poster

Sleestack (funny version)

Several Sleestacks

Sleestack face front

Possibly the special "smart" and non-soldier Sleestack

I cannot find 2009 versions of the Pylons but the 1970 versions look like a metallic box. From the outside, it did not look very big, ...like a telephone booth but once inside, it was like the Dr. Who telephone booth...it had much more room and was usually empty and black except for a stand that had different colored crystals that did different things like stop time, control the weather, daylight and open portals to other worlds. Of course, there was no manual laying around. :whistling:

1970's pylon from the outside

1970's pylon from the inside

LHammonds

the pylons are like a giant shiny reflective quarts crystal shaped structure thy have some kind of crystal circut boards on the inside

lhamond can you find a picture of the pylon building thing from the movie