Romance with Sten mod

MikoYork

I don't think that anyone will make such a mod therefore you probably have to create it yourself. This will mean much work (writing dialogs, creating scenes etc.) and if you're not familiar with the toolset it can be quite difficult.

But theoretically yes, it is possible to create such a mod.

Its on my list of to-do mods, actually. I'm working on Wynne as we speak. And then there'll be Shale, or Sten. I haven't decided on the order after Wynne. Although I think shale will be a considerably difficult, if not impossible, since she's DLC content and I don't think we have access to those resources like we do the core game. And then I think I will do Oghren. Although I have had a Dog romance request... I may actually do that one just for the giggles of it all.

• 2 weeks later...

mine is to eventually get kisses from all the cute guards running around. Thats about as far as I wanna take it with most of the npcs that bioware decided to keep the "hands off" approach with. Other than that mail messenger, IF I ever reinstall Awakening. She's kinda funky lookin, but something about her just screams "take me" for some odd reason. LOL.

Sten, while interesting, could be more work, as theirs the height issue to consider during some of the more intimate scenes. Same with Oghren. Its why Luchaire has refused to keep trying to do dwarf scenes.

Edited out a section of my comment to prevent any controversy over a former mod.

Edited by DarkeWolf

mine is to eventually get kisses from all the cute guards running around. Thats about as far as I wanna take it with most of the npcs that bioware decided to keep the "hands off" approach with. Other than that mail messenger, IF I ever reinstall Awakening. She's kinda funky lookin, but something about her just screams "take me" for some odd reason. LOL.

And my current goal is to add in with NPCs everywhere that Bioware opted not to put then. Dialogue suggests it but then pulls back? NOT IN MY BOOK!! :thumbsup:

Sten, while interesting, could be more work, as theirs the height issue to consider during some of the more intimate scenes. Same with Oghren. Its why Luchaire has refused to keep trying to do dwarf scenes.

lol, you should see how I compensated for the lack of height between Miyaja and the Grey Warden in the kissing scene I did. I have Myaja standing on top of a crate to make up for the height difference, or rather to explain the lack of so that the characters can interact more normally. :whistling:

I.... dunno if I'd go so far as to actually release one for Dog. There was a huge amount of controversy over the "Sexualized Mabari" mod that rebelOconner released (which was by request, and all it was, was making the dog anatomically correct). There were huge amounts of flamefests over the notion of "petophelia" (LOL I'm cracking a joke at them), and a lot of folks ended up getting banned because of the mod. Heck, the mods even ended up having to close the comments and endorsements, I think.

lol and well...honestly, I dont wanna see the pics of it sprawled all over the images section of the boards, lol.

I've already had my fair share of hate mail over Equal Love which I am surprised wasn't vocalized in the comments. As for the Sexualized Mabari mod, it made Dog more than anatomically correct. Now if it were to have added a visible sheathe for the dog's genitals then that'd simply be anatomically correct if you're hound is a male. But the mod did as it claimed, it made the Mabari "happy" to see everyone and everything all the time. :biggrin: Not that I have a problem with it mind you, just different mods for different folks. Gotta respect everyone's differences. With all that in mind, will I make a "romance" mod for Dog? Honestly it'd probably be the easiest to do, cutscenes aside. Because he's got very limited responses of a happy bark, a whine, a growl, some heavy panting, etc. Easiest character to recycle dialogue for. Its not my cup of tea, and I never promised to do it. But I've considered it and if I did it's far off from being done. I've even sidelined my Wynne romance mod until I can better plan out the dialogue so that it flows better. What's the point in just sexing a char, am I right?

After consideration, I'm gonna edit out my comment about the whole mabari thing. I dont wanna open up that can of worms again, lol.

Thats crap tho, that people objected to Equal Love. Thats one of my alltime favorite mods, and I wouldnt wanna play without it. Just because we like to play femme characters doesnt mean we should have to miss out on Morrigan's little fits of jealousy! So entertaining to see those!

Hahaha I can imagine it. I used to have a gf back in highschool that was so short that she had to stand on something when we were kissing in school. And had a buddy that was 6'5" who was dating a girl that was only 5'1" so that was definitely a case of what you're talking about!

Ok, so.... back to Sten. Since no romance option was put in there for him originally, would that mean that there's nothing in there about the whole gender check? (which you OBVIOUSLY know how to get around, if he does!). Not that it's my cup of tea, but just wondering. Especially in the cases of folks that like to play the customed Qunari chars, which are male only.

Thats crap tho, that people objected to Equal Love. Thats one of my alltime favorite mods, and I wouldnt wanna play without it. Just because we like to play femme characters doesnt mean we should have to miss out on Morrigan's little fits of jealousy! So entertaining to see those!

I got considerable hate mail from people who didn't believe in LBGT relationships. I believe in to each their own, and yeah... I do play a female character usually. So I didn't like the idea that I was cut off from fully experiencing the game like I was in ME2. But thankfully DA:O had a toolset to do just that, fix what I didn't like. I originally used jwvanderbeck's Free Love, but it wasn't expansive enough and I wasn't patient enough to wait for an update. :sweat: So, in the end I made Equal Love and got a fair amount of hate mail both on my poor unattended blog and on the social site. Which I never could understand as I didn't really force you to have a same-sex relationship, nothing changed if you didn't want to pursue a same-sex relationship. All I had done was made it possible, I was an enabler. :thumbsup:

Ok, so.... back to Sten. Since no romance option was put in there for him originally, would that mean that there's nothing in there about the whole gender check? (which you OBVIOUSLY know how to get around, if he does!). Not that it's my cup of tea, but just wondering. Especially in the cases of folks that like to play the customed Qunari chars, which are male only.

There's currently no "romantic" dialogue at all for Sten really so no gender checks on that sort of dialogue. If you want a decent romance then it means going through and redoing a lot of his dialogue. You have to extend his plot file so that it encompasses the full range of relationship levels like Leliana, Alistair, and etc do. Plot items already exist, I'd just piggy back on the plots so that it still feels as though your relationship is growing. Romantic cutscenes are no problem, they are a pain to make but are completely feasible.

The problem is the dialogue. Sten's not exactly got a wide range of emotions in his voice overs so that helps but you have to tailor your responses so that his responses actually make sense and you're still limited to something the voice actor has already recorded. What I tend to do is splice voice overs apart removing excess on either the beginning or the end. I'm not good enough of an audio engineer to take from the middle without leaving odd transitions. And believe you me, it really hurts when the response isn't uniform. Its this part that's the largest undertaking of any character extension.