Easter Eggs! (Games, Movies, Mythology, Reality, History etc)

ReaverMachete

Skyrim has quite a few references to other games, such as the famed "Notched Pickaxe" at High Hrothgar, but if your a nut when it comes to references, collectables and easter eggs like me, you know that you can never have enough!

What I'd want out of a modding community is a huge mod that adds semi lore friendly easter eggs and references throughout the game to movies, games, mythology, real life and so on.

THIS IS NOT JUST MY IDEA. ANYONE WHO COMES UP WITH MORE IDEAS IS WELCOME TO POST FOR POTENTIAL MODDERS! :D

(But rememeber these are referred things only, instead of just slamming a creeper out of minecraft into Skyrim, try and make it blend into the world with a name like "Creeping Stalker" or something)

Lets fill up Skyrim! Here's some ideas to start;

• A Fly Amanita Mushroom Patch found growing out of and around a wooden box in the world. (MARIO)
  • A small marker from dead space embedded inside a stone wall somewhere in the world (A crypt possibly?) so its barely visible (DEAD SPACE)
  • A Redguard wandering the wild named Addalin who carries a lantern in his inventory. (ALADDIN)
  • A peaceful Mammoth, Sabrecat and Skeever (ha) wandering around together to the frozen area of Skyrim (ICE AGE)
  • A hidden cave entrance that cannot be accessed with a bat carved into the face of the rock (BATMAN)
  • A large, burley Imperial named Hurceles whos in the wild wearing only topless fur armour next to the body of a sabretooth cat. He has no weapons but is immensely powerful should you attack him (HERCULES)
  • A small floating Dwemer Automoton shaped like a Metroid in one of the Dwemer ruins next to a dwemer style containment tube. It can drain health. (METROID)
  • A cell in a city dungeon with a copy of "Yellow Book of Riddles" inside and green question marks painted on the walls (RIDDLER)
  • 7 small spherical stones with stars carved into them inside an empty dragon burial mound. (DRAGONBALL)
  • An old statue in a graveyard tat resembles an angel crying (DOCTOR WHO)
  • A small farm with a pen filled with chickens. If you attack one they will swarm and attack you until either they or you are dead. (ZELDA "CUCKOO")

I will add more when I think of any and i hope you do too :D

Any modders out there or friends of modders that think they would like to have a go at making this thankyou and lets keep making Skyrim bigger :D

Edited by ReaverMachete

This actually sounds like a neat idea! I would love to jump on board :D

Here's one, but I can't think of anymore right now..

Two people using animals to fight each other (Pokemon)

there is a movie reference to the film twister when you ask the barkeep in the retching netch why the place is called that - 'he yells have a drink and tosses the bottle...and it never hit the ground'. so there are easter egg type things already in solstheim at least.

there is a movie reference to the film twister when you ask the barkeep in the retching netch why the place is called that - 'he yells have a drink and tosses the bottle...and it never hit the ground'. so there are easter egg type things already in solstheim at least.

There are quite a few references to things like King Arthur, 300, Minecraft, Game of Thrones etc but this is an idea to fill the game up with hundreds of easter eggs :3

a corrupt imperial businessman with his own dwemer machines, with overpriced crap items named Handsome Jack (borderlands 2)
an old man in a cave posibly in the tutorial dungion that says, "its dangeros to go alone, take this" and hands you an iron dagger or a forsworn club or something useless. (legend of Zelda)
an imperial nun with two ebony daggers named Liliana (Dragon age)

a nord clad in iron armor sitting at a bonfire who is quite content to watch the world pass him by. (Dark Souls)

might think of more later.

• A white guy, maybe a follower, who flirts with all the girls and all the guys, cannot die and calls himself Captain Jack (Torchwood - Doctor Who)

Some Imperial soldiers wearing red colored gear who always die first in any conflict (Star-Trek)

A snow bear resting with a bottle (Coca-Cola)

Three frogs belching along side one of the lakes (Bud-Wise-Er)

A giant with a vegetable patch (Jolly Green Giant)

A Riekling, a Dremora and a Falmer all together and peaceful, when spoken to the Riekling will introduce themselves as Larry and his brothers Darryl and Darryl. (Newhart) -- If recognized they'll give the player their autographs (Baldur's Gate) <-- an easter egg of an easter egg :P

• A white guy, maybe a follower, who flirts with all the girls and all the guys, cannot die and calls himself Captain Jack (Torchwood - Doctor Who)
  • Some Imperial soldiers wearing red colored gear who always die first in any conflict (Star-Trek)
  • A snow bear resting with a bottle (Coca-Cola)
  • Three frogs belching along side one of the lakes (Bud-Wise-Er)
  • A giant with a vegetable patch (Jolly Green Giant)
  • A Riekling, a Dremora and a Falmer all together and peaceful, when spoken to the Riekling will introduce themselves as Larry and his brothers Darryl and Darryl. (Newhart) -- If recognized they'll give the player their autographs (Baldur's Gate) <-- an easter egg of an easter egg :tongue:

Love everything about those XD exactly what this game needs :3