Clarication required about Skyrim/Bodyslide presets

ScrollTron1c

Hello,

i would need a definite answer by the Nexus Staff regarding a specific case.

The main question is:

Are Slider Presets for BodySlide 2 seen as "mods" or "assets" under the site rules?

I already have contacted the authors of Bodyslide about this issue (link)

I have a question regarding Bodyslide 2 sliderpresets.

Do they count as "mods" or "assets" under the terms of Nexus site rules?

Because i am getting requests by other users about the BS2 presets i am using for my screenshots, which are mostly mashups and personal edits of other presets from all over the web.

That's why i would like to upload a collection of my personal presets as a mod here on the Nexus, of course containing permissions, credits and links to original authors whenever possible. However, i cannot get formal permissions for all of them for various reasons (unknown author, asian website etc).

So this question goes to the Bodyslide authors first - do preset creators actually have a copyright on their presets?

Answer by Ousnius (link)

In response to post #16853744.

Well, from our side, our users can do whatever they want with preset files. It would be nice if they added a link to their description/whatever that points to the BodySlide mod page, but it's not required.

So I WOULD say, presets are only a few numbers stored in an XML file and there can't possibly be copyright for them. I don't know how the preset creators feel or what the Nexus thinks about this, though.

From our side it's okay. Edit them slightly, rename them and do what you want (as long as it's presets only).

So their point of view is pretty much clear, now i'd like to hear what the Nexus Staff has to say about this.

Fact is that those presets do not contain any form original art (graphic, sound, 3D models, storytelling etc.) nor program code - you could roughly compare them to face presets for a character editor like RaceMenu, although a lot less complex.

Thanks in advance :smile: