Annoying black eyes..!

Peabot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrigan and Sten don't use the typical eyes, which is why their's are still ok. Humans, elves, and dwarves in the game use eye colors (tints) which are listed in the chargen files. Morrigan, Sten, darkspawn, dragons, wolves, demons, etc use different files to control the eyes.

Logically then if we downloaded and installed the PTs Vibrant eyes that should fix the problem, I have tried that but they don't work either, which I thought was strange unless it's that damned patch.

:laugh: yes it's me again, I've still got the problem.

Frick... I really want some none-black eyes. I'm gonna try to replace the eye colors with new files then, just to be sure. :sad:

Ok so try two things real quick.

1. Download PineappleTree's vibrant colors.

If that doesn't work.

2. Roll back to patch 1.02. You can find the patch if you google it.

My money is on patch 1.03 being the culprit at this point.

Question on when you say Roll Back. Is there a method where the game can uninstall patches? or are you talking about uninstalling/reinstalling the entire game?

1.03 gives some issues to PT's vibrants also. not all of them will show up.

Morrigan and Sten don't use the typical eyes, which is why their's are still ok. Humans, elves, and dwarves in the game use eye colors (tints) which are listed in the chargen files. Morrigan, Sten, darkspawn, dragons, wolves, demons, etc use different files to control the eyes.

Logically then if we downloaded and installed the PTs Vibrant eyes that should fix the problem, I have tried that but they don't work either, which I thought was strange unless it's that damned patch.

:laugh: yes it's me again, I've still got the problem.

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. I remember us trying to get that worked out for you :sad:

I have got the mods for changing the colour of robes working fine, the armour tints sort of work it definitely does something to the colour, but they aren't the colours shown in the gallery and none of them are shiny :sad: (I sound like Shale now :woot: ) I did wonder if the gallery photos are touched up to make things look shinier than they are on screen, if anyone knows perhaps they would tell me.

As for eye colours nothing is working, I did download some PTs Vibrant colours and it said in the description it overwrites the game defaults but still nothing has changed.

I would also like to know how this roll back works, it sounds like if you run the 1.02 patch it removes the offending rubbish from 1.03, but logically I can't see how that works.

Yeah, that was a poor choice of words. When I said rollback I meant finding Patch 1.02a on google, downloading it, then re-install Dragon Age and install patch 1.02a. Don't let the game update automatically.

It's the only way we can know for sure whether it's 1.03's fault or not.

EDIT: I don't see any difference between images in-game and in the gallery.

Yeah, that was a poor choice of words. When I said rollback I meant finding Patch 1.02a on google, downloading it, then re-install Dragon Age and install patch 1.02a. Don't let the game update automatically.

Thanks for clearing that up for us, I think I'll wait for a patch for the patch as I've already reinstalled once and as soon as I installed Awakening it put the stupid patch on again, so all that time lost for nothing. :verymad:

As for the screen shots here is a screen shot of my screen showing the 'Wings of Velvet' mod and also the photo from the modders gallery upload (I hope it's OK for me to do that) hopefully as you can see my screen shot shows very flat colours no sheen/shine.

It's worth a try, thanks!