Annoying black eyes..!

Peabot

Interesting solution!!!

What folders were they in? Are we talking about the vanilla tints, or from a mod?

straight into the override. Hmmmmm. Very intersting solution indeed. Thanks much for posting that, I'll try to remember that one for future reference!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem.........what I did was take all of the eye tint files ("pt_eye_cam.tnt" for example) out of the subfiles and put them into the main override file and PROBLEM SOLVED.....all the eye colors work fine now.

:sad: I've just tried this and it didn't work for me.

From my experiances, whenever the program can't find a texture file it defaults to black. This happens sometimes with chargen files especially, except if it can't find a face preset in which case it will CTD. It's usually caused by problems with the chargenmorphcfg.xml. In my case it was Pineappletree's Vibrant Eye Colors but could happen with any number of files I guess.

Example: open the file "C:\Users\Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override\Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors 1_31\Pineappletree's Vibrant Eye Colors 1_2" and copy all the .tnt files to "C:\Users\Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override"

....then reset your game's video settings and it should work.

From my experiances, whenever the program can't find a texture file it defaults to black. This happens sometimes with chargen files especially, except if it can't find a face preset in which case it will CTD. It's usually caused by problems with the chargenmorphcfg.xml. In my case it was Pineappletree's Vibrant Eye Colors but could happen with any number of files I guess.

Example: open the file "C:\Users\Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override\Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors 1_31\Pineappletree's Vibrant Eye Colors 1_2" and copy all the .tnt files to "C:\Users\Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override"

....then reset your game's video settings and it should work.

Ah, I didn't do a reset perhaps that's why it didn't work, I'll try again tomorrow as it's been a long hard day and another one tomorrow so I'm calling it a night, but I'll let you know how I get on.

The consensus of opinion seems to be that it's my graphic card that can't hack it, but if I could get the eye colours to work then I wouldn't have to upgrade to Win7 :yucky:

I had this problem with Win7 with ati radeon hd 5700 and also tried nvidia gforce 8800gt.

Basically, it's not the card, it's that the program can't find the texture.

Sorry I've still not had time to do anything else about the black eyes, maybe later today, but I have been doing a lot of thinking while I've been busy and if it is what you say 'not finding the textures', how do I get it to find the textures for PCs eyes, they must be part of the program? I've been wondering for ages if they are there and where they are so I can at least look, but I don't know how to.