Armor Conversion Requests

TerronScibe

I made this thread to discuss project suggestions about converting various armors and clothing.

To start-off, does anyone know if anybody has fully adapted the Vanilla Armors and Clothing to the 7base natural female body replacer? When the character wears any vanilla clothing it looks more like plastic stretching over the character's body (example like the dresses or miner's outfit). What I request is no alternation (changes) to the original design of the clothing and armors, but improve the mesh where its more comfortably fitted to the body. Although tight fitting armors like the thieves' guild or Dark Brotherhood armor may need cleavage for the femalebody_1 instead of _0 `if that's possible to do?

Oh yeah, I was hoping if anybody's up to it? To make the men's version of farmer clothes to fit for the women (either vanilla or 7 base natural), That be nice Thanks!. *I'm also trying to learn how to fully edit armor meshes and put them into skyrim by using the new version of blender and old or caliente's body studio, and nifskope. If anyone got advice it be nice!*

As far as advice goes. Use 3ds Max for armors. I'm a big fan of blender but believe me, max .nif scripts, as opposed to blender nif scrips, will make your life 100 times more easy when skinning an armor. Not to say, you can't do it in blender, but you'll save time and energy in 3ds Max.

You can get the educational version for free, after registering. You only pay the 3.5k if you use it for commercial purposes. But, many indie game companies use it illegally anyway, as well as off-shoot animation companies. Claiming that they used Blender or another freeware to make their material.

Well, lol, use blender then. It's not bad, you just have to manually paint the weights per bone rather than 3ds auto skinning modifer, then touch-ups. And, you have to do the annoying nif edits afterwards to convert it from pseudo skyrim (fallout 3 port) to real skyrim and be forced to use 2.49b. However, you can use blender 2.7 and then save as a old .blend file when you are ready to export it. Also, blender has better .tri scripts, although to combine them, you'll need to edit the import and export matrices under the "import 90" option, else it'll join shapes opposite of what you want. But, hey, if you don't want to use 3ds max, I am all for blender. Mainly because the controls and tools are better layed out in 2.7 than they are in 3ds2010/2012/2015, plus the sculpt and painting is a cool feature to have if you don't have mudbrush or zbrush. Zbrush does give you better normal maps, though. But yea, go for blender if you really don't feel like using 3DS Max, it'll get the job done, just not as quickly or easily as 3ds max. Mostly because gamebryo (nif creators, which I dislike) support 3ds far more.

The thing that annoys me is that Gamebryo (whoever owns them now) surely knows there's a huge modding community, yet does nothing to support them in the way of up-to-date plugins for popular apps. Instead, we're reliant on fellow hobbyists who apparently stopped at Fallout 3/New Vegas 5 years ago.

Yea, who knows what they are up to these days. Of course they didn't support their stuff very much when they were active. I mean, .Nifs are a good idea but nifskope is rudimentary at best. They should of made a separate nifskope for each game, fix their broken .obj import and export, and create an algorithm that if you load a different game version .nif, that it gives you options to convert blocks that are able to convert and the option to delete them if you can't convert them. Oh well, guess we should be happy with what we have.

• 1 year later...

Hello, can anyone convert a few sets of armours for me? I would like to convert these armours to Sofia's cbbe tbbp big butt and big breast preset(which requires hdt) please.

These armour sets include:

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/25846/

Dawnturn

Crisping

Jalmarak

Neophyte

Nightwinder

They're all UNP and from TERA. Sorry for asking a lot. I just want to try on these armour sets. Thanks.