Npc Sparring

knappythrappy

I am a bit lost with what I am working on now. I am looking for way to make 2 or more certain NPCs spar in my mod. Very Much similar to the sparring Companions in the grand feast hall. Honestly I am not sure where to start. I looked through some old help files on TES and found some info from Oblivion that helped a bit but only took me so far. Any input appreciated.

A good place to start would be looking at how the Companion's sparring is dealt with. I couldn't personally find anything in the CK related to this sparring, but I don't have any idea when they do it ingame, which makes it harder. If you can learn how they did it with the companions, you can duplicate it yourself.

Another thing to look at is how the UseWeapon package is used. It's used for scripted fights as well as practice dummies, and I bet that's how any sparring ingame is done. One to look at might be PitFightersStayInBloodworks package. It's not used ingame as it's part of the unfinished Windhelm arena The Bloodworks, but it looks like it might function and might be a good place to start.