Load Order Help

finalsatyr

I just recently began playing with Requiem installed and running mostly fine, but today I installed the Requiem patches for the content I had, and now the game CTDs. Wrye shows the Requiem - Dragonborn patch as red, and Immersive Patrols as orange, and I was searching for ways to fix it, and noticed that although moonpath.esm is set to load, and shows up in Wrye as loaded, Tes5edit and BOSS both show under the moonpath_questdata entry that moonpath.esm is not set to load and will cause a crash. Any help?

I looked at your load order and well it shouldn't be a problem but there are mods in there that will be fairly demanding on an unoptimized game.

IE..

SMME

ENB boost

Skyrim Configulator

Basically there are a ton of improvements that need to be made in order to play with those eye candy mods even on a stellar gaming rig it has to be done before its even "playable" in my book.

Skyrim engine absolutely bites the big one. It will not matter if your rig is made by Nasa Engineers to track UFO's in the Milky Way.

Its the engine not the computer, so if you don't know what Im talking about that is a problem right there.

Next

Very likely an issue given the description you've given.

You have entered the game world and played around.

Then you altered some data entries that effect spawns but you did not give the game time to RESET its World Space...

Then you run around and blam hit a problem with spawns having conflicting information.

And that's even if you installed everything correctly, you still had to reset the world space. Very common problem in modding very well documented issue back when I was playing FO3 was pretty frequent.

If I was going to play with your mods list,

1st

I'd work on optimization of the game

2nd

Slowly work in the eye candy mods

I'd use Alternate Start so I could avoid helgen until I could see everything was functional

3rd

Start putting in the Requim List

Test all that out, but as far as I know REQ and Alt start don't play well together or at least they didn't when I saw REQ when it came out.

4rth

When it was apparent that it was functional, start a new game. After leaving Helgon I'd load in Sound Mods as well as other mods that don't play well off at the start.

Edit

Also I wouldn't use a lot of those mods that alter city townspace in a serious game. There are issues with some like Riverwood Reborn does not have proper navmesh and to top it off well I just don't like fps sacrifices and Im not willing to play at less than 50fps at top resolution for pretty mods...

My feeling is the moment I gotta loss that I've made the game uglier and not pretty. So I run fairly light on that stuff and have optimized textures with Ordinator as well.

Edited by gamefever

Thank you for the detailed reply. I actually got everything running fairly well (including the addition of Frostfall), at the cost of only a few patches. I had actually completely forgotten about the mods you pointed out though, and I actually only play on low graphic settings to keep FPS up on my sub-par system. Should I just remove those eye-candies in this case? The only mods that are giving me issues (at least ones that showed up green in Wrye but still caused a crash) were the Req patches for moonpath and immersive patrols, so simply deactivating them (avoiding moonpath till much higher levels anyways) let the game run fine even with Alternate Start!
Do you have any tips on how to work on the optimization? I'm not new to TES mods, but am new at messing with all the programs I've used for these (Wrye, BOSS, TES5edit), and at modding my game this heavily, so I'm stumbling in the dark when it comes to some things.

Thanks again!

My brother, move to Loot it is the new Boss.http://loot.github.io/

Read the Loot report and look for and address the warnings and errors.

Your system specs would help too.

Your Boss log looks very strange to me, for instance:

• Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

• Error: Dawnguard.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without Dawnguard (Official Bethesda DLC).

• Error: Dragonborn.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without Dragonborn (Official Bethesda DLC).

You've got several instances of this kind of error and Boss clearly shows that you do have Dawnguard.I don't know that mod SPO but i wouldn't think you should be getting those errors,perhaps you're missing patches for the mod.

If i were you i'd start over,get loot and start the game simply with just a few mods.Get the unofficial patches they really are necessaryhttp://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/?.

Go to the tes5edit site and follow Gopher's tutorial on how to clean your masters.Once you've got Skyrim running stable with good Loot and tes5edit reports then start adding more mods.

I've tried using LOOT and can never get it to pick up Skyrim...it only goes through my Oblivion mods
Those errors are no longer present. Like I said, I still can't get the moonpath or immersive patrols and a few other patch mods to work, but they're not major enough issues.
Should I just jot down the mods I can't live without and start fresh because Requiem is so intense? I'd really hate to because now I have a developed character, but it might be worth it to have the game run 100% instead of just playable

Skyrim Startup Memory Editor, SSME

Download the oldest File dump that into your Skyrim folder with the .exe,

Overwrite it with the newest File.

That's all you have to do for one of the best optimization's you can make to the game,

It allots more memory usage to the game.

One Tweak

-This tweak is actually more than 1 tweak best things it does are

-Forces Borderless Window, which allows ALT TABBING without glitches, honestly if your like me you alt-tab every 10 minutes and look up stuff on WIKI or help out some modder so it goes a long way :D to keeping the game playable.

-It actually forces a higher priority on your SYSTEM, makes the computer think hey Skyrim is important, Im not allowed to rob it of resources when Auto-Update says its time to upgrade. Well I almost always have this game on, haha right now infact, you know how much I hate getting a CTD cause auto update says its more important?

-Altogether you get slightly better performance

-Its super easy to install

Skyrim Configulator

-This is an application

-Makes real powerful adjustments to your ini files a sinch and pretty much comes closest to idiot proofing this process.

-Best thing to try out straight away is to check mark its "threading" checkboxes

-->This makes seeing if your game computer can handle real threading easy....its stupid trying to do this by hand yourself, this program will do it for you.

-->If it works your going to see improved handling all around ie Scripting speed increase and fps increase!

-Super quick to install and start using

ENB Boost by Boris

-Most difficult part is just downloading the enb file off his site

->after that its stupid easy just drag and drop contents into the Skyrim folder and forget about it.

-You could tweak the ENBlocal file later for more fine tune optimization and performance.

Some other nice mods that are not apparent to beginning modders

-Under Water Grass Remover

-->its stupid what this game will render with your resources, you almost never see grass that's underwater but its soaking your power.

-Reduced Smoke Textures

->When you run into Town and there are freakin brazzers everywhere with smoke, cutting that smoke texture in half means almost no fps lost when there are a asston of smoke around.

-DUST

-->You want smaller DUST

-Look around for reduced Dust size

-Why, Cause its F'n DUST and anyone that thinks dust is important enough to warrant higher textures needs to slap a warning label on their mods...

-->I've seen a few enhanced 2048 dust texture packs around absolutely asinine.

-->Theres a reduced dust somewhere just google it, this will give you increase in fps under combat stress in dungeons with added monsters, sound good?

-reduced particle effects

->Think FIRE ICE Lightning Spells, I've cut the size down by half and haven't seen quality lose...Benefit is I don't get an FPS hit when I have a dozen mages tossing spells around and those dragon fights play out at epic frame rates too.

Google anything like Leaves and look for smaller textures, same with DUST, SNOW, Fuc'n RAIN.

You wont ever appreciate stupid stuff that is supposed to fall from the sky and be forgotten so lower texture sizes are way better especially when your attacking a dragon while its snowing/raining that stuff.

Edited by gamefever