Unwanted immortality

Deahead401

I am unable to tranform (wolf or vampire), powers like histskin don't activate, conjuration and oakflesh type spells refuse to manifest and worst of all my character can't die. I launched myself off of high hrothgar and all he did when he landed was grunt. This removes all the fun of playing skyrim for me and I would like to find a way to fix this as soon as possible. I now have 2 characters that can no longer die. And the weirdest part of the whole thing is this: The immortality seems to strike my characters at random times. Using the same mods for both characters I was able to make it from lvl 37 to 48 before breaking, and for my other character I made it from lvl 1 to lvl 16. I had just completed the nightingale quest for my first, and just started ill met by moonlight for my second.

I will post a full list of the mods I have intsalled if needed, I hope someone can help me soon as I am unable to find any help with google or any of the posted topics on the forum.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Deahead401

I have encountered immortality bug from time to time and usually found it was from a mod that incorrectly allowed a buff to stack rather than apply once.

Honestly if its a mod you want to get it out of your load order,

The problem can also occur when the papyrus system is struggling too much and applies effects incorrectly or forgets to remove an effect usually due to a lot of mods making a call function and likely all around the same time that the issue first incurs such as application of immortal or removal.

You might try using Consul commands look them up "Skyrim Consul commands wiki"

You want to try to set your character unessential. Ussually this means setting to 0.

Sometimes you can just reload but this appears to be a re-occurring issue according to your description.

Perhaps you should give a mods list just in case someone that frequents the page could identify a possible conflict or well tell you that you need to optimize your game some more D:

It could just be you have a mod that is severely out of date or known to cause this issue. You might have tried an experimental setting in MCM menu for Death Alternative and honestly it wouldn't really recognize that you are on a new save or new game for all that matter....Just using DA as an example it isn't nessecarily the cause.

Another little inconvenience I have discovered is that with this immortality comes the unfortunate fact that I can no longer be hit by enemies, meaning that I cannot train my armor or blocking skills. My skyrimg experiance is over unless I resort to cheats to lvl up my character but then whats the point as they cant hit me anyway.

Thank you game fever for your quick reply, as requested here are all of my skyrim mods and their load order.

Unnofficialskyrimpatch.esp

Dawnguard

dragonborn

hearthfires

fallofspacecore Vol.1

guard dialog overhaul

lighter dragon loot

followers keep up

demonic horse

clanking armor v1.2

deadpool follower

Unlimited shouts (no waiting time)

passive race abilities

better fast travel

true dragon born

Ace - dog companion

stones of barenziah quest markers

unread books glow

lightweight potions and poisons

immersive patrols

immersive saturation boost

the paarthurnax dilemma

fixed followers light

upgrade lvled items

Inft charges for daedric artifacts

whistle

Sounds Of Skyrim: The wilds

SOS^: the dungeons

SOS: Civilization

More dragon loot

digitgrade Kajiit and Agronian

detailed cities

coins into septums

dance of death

sky ui

unnoficial item fixes

calleb96's horses improvement mod

ultimate durnehvirr

castle volkihar redux

vibrant auras

static mesh improvement mod versions 1 and 2 in that order

birds and flocks

better embers

extended incounters

immersive sweet roll

pwc exit on demand

pwc extra interactions

pwc fear howl fix

pwc unified beast form power

pwc were wolf? so what?

whew. so thats all of them. I have a few that i disabled but they are just texture mods that ate up my fps.

Edited by Deahead401

Wow that's a short list for a problem like this.

Well I don't recognize some of those mods...

I'd say try out that consul command and first this will sound weird but make a save

Apply consul command to unessential yourself

Then type kill consul command on yourself

Let the game load up and see if that fixes it.

I think you might try Save Cleaner next...would be good to have around even if it doesn't fix your issue.

---------------------------------

Also you want to get all the unofficial Patches for all your DLC, this wont fix this issue but it'll prevent other problems.

Honestly none of those mods will cause this issue which leaves me to think you got hit with a vanilla game bug.

Ok this is starting to get scary.

I typed the console command and made myself unesential then proceded to type player.kill and it did nothing. That my bug can overide a console command is more than a little concerning

Edited by Deahead401

Try typing setghost 0 in the console. Sounds like a become ethereal bug to me. Oh, and player.kill won't do anything. You're supposed to go into third person, open the console, click on your character then type "kill". Edited by mlee3141

• 3 years later...

Try typing setghost 0 in the console. Sounds like a become ethereal bug to me. Oh, and player.kill won't do anything. You're supposed to go into third person, open the console, click on your character then type "kill".

I know that this post is nearly 4 years old, but OH MY GOD THANKS BRO!! I currently have a Skyrim Special Edition 50 hour character which had the same reoccuring bug OP described (I usually had 4-5 autosaves ready in case the bug hapened and would change back) but now I didn't notice for some time and there were no saves to go back to because of it. I don't know how I found this post it was a miracle because I was already going to give up on this game. Your suggestion fixed it all - no incomming damage, no shouts available etc.

Edited by TehAnder