Notepad++ Compiler Help

Mattiewagg

So I've been following this setup, and while I've got all the language definitions/autocomplete functions setup, I can't manage to get the compiler macro to work.

I follow the instructions:

1. Open Notepad++
  2. Hit F5 (run)
  3. Paste the following line into the input in the "Run..." dialogue window in Notepad++:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\ScriptCompile.bat" "$(FILE_NAME)" "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)" NOTE: Inside the first quotes, paste in the equivalent path on your PC that points to the ScriptCompile.bat file.
  4. Select Save...
  5. Name it something useful like "Compile Papyrus"
  6. Set up a keyboard shortcut if you want, such as CTRL+F5.

So, I open Notepad++, hit F5, and paste the following (my directory is correct, my Steam is installed under Games, not ProgramFiles(x86):

"C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\ScriptCompile.bat" "$(FILE_NAME)" "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"

I hit save, call it Script Compile, and set it to Ctrl + S.

Then, I fix the ScriptCompile.bat so it looks like this:

"C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"

But when I try to use it on a .psc, the command window pops up and vanishes almost immediately. Here's the picture I managed to get of it:

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b630/Matthiaswagg/Screenshot2_zps12cf2536.png

If anybody knows how to help me with this, I'd be grateful.

On a separate note, does anyone know if there is a Papyrus version of the console command "animcam"?

Edited by Matthiaswagg

As a guess, your missing %1 in the ScriptCompile.bat file.

example

PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg"

Edit:

I re-read your post and see you have the %1

So it leads me to believe you tried compiling a script that isn't in the Data\Script\Source directory?

The reason I said originally missing %1 was because of the cmd window screenshot and there was no script name between PapyrusCompiler.exe" and -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg"

Edited by smashly

As a guess, your missing %1 in the ScriptCompile.bat file.

example

PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg"

I tried that, but I already have that. It currently looks like this:

"C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"

And that sadly hasn't fixed anything.

The only reason I responded was I had only just done the Notepad++ setup myself.

Had the same failed compile, but is was due to trying to compile a script that wasn't in my Data\Scripts\Source directory.

But when I compile the script succeed or fail I still get the script name in the cmd window.

http://nsae01.casimages.net/img/2014/08/05/140805093150514742.jpg

Edited by smashly

Sorry edited my post above yours.

I'll try to compile another script, making sure it's in the right directory, though I thought the old one was in the right one. I'll get back to you once I've checked it.

The flags are found in skyrim/data/scripts/. You're not pointing to the right folder.

Are you using mod organizer with the vanilla scripts installed as a mod instead of installed to the data folder? Script compiler will not be able to find them.

Edited by lofgren

Well, I tested with a script I knew was in the right directory, and the same error appeared. Is there a possibility that it's not working just because I have Steam/Skyrim installed to C:/Games rather than ProgramFiles(x86)?