Favorite Characters?

MistaSlaya

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT GIVE SPOILERS FOR ANY QUESTS IN OBLIVION, THERE MIGHT BE THE ONE PERSON THAT HASN'T DONE THAT QUEST YET AND THEY WANT TO GET TO IT ON THEIR OWN. BE VAGUE, BUT NO DETAILS.
Example:
My favorite part of the game is the part where the Emperor is murdered by the guy coming through the wall because sometimes he swings too early and misses, stands there a few seconds looking at him, then kills him. (Used because we all know what happens in the tutorial :P)

I know there are probably about 50 of these floating around somewhere, so let me make 51. I'm just wondering what are some favorite characters that people play and share one that I've been using lately, even though it isn't that unique to tell the truth. I'm also looking for some unique ideas for characters to use instead of just making a Nord that uses two handed swords and warhammers and wears heavy armor or a Wood Elf that sneaks around and shoots everything. There are probably(not probably, there are) people that have a unique twist to their characters, and I'm interested in seeing how creative all you guys can get.

My character I've been using (level 22, take it as you will) is an Imperial that wears light armor, sneaks, and uses a longsword. I've just started the actual main quests and the first gate instead of having Stunted Scamps had Storm Atronachs, Daedroths, and Spider Daedra pouring out of it. I honestly got scared for a few seconds before I took them down. Completed both the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild(Only second time doing so) questlines. Had no trouble for the last mission of the Thieves Guild, was like a walk in the park.
Since my character doesn't use shields, blunt weapons, or any magic at all(including alchemy), I had some options with my custom class. I think all together the focus was stealth, the two main attributes were speed and agility(might've been strength instead of speed), and had Athletics, Armorer, Blade, Sneak, Lockpicking, Speechcraft, and Mercantile. I get money from selling all my stuff to Thoronir at the Copious Coinpurse in the Market District of the Imperial City and I'm selling stuff to him at 70% of it's worth instead of the general 40% you normally have. I just explore ruins, get my weight limit of loots, and haul back to the good ol' IC.

Well, that was long winded/typed. But we're all nerds here. And I'll say it again, PLEASE PLEASE NO SPOILERS OF QUESTS I tried not to give out anything at all, and I'm pretty sure I didn't give anything away in case there is the one person that hasn't gone through that quest that defines your character yet. If we've done that quest, give vague hints and we should get the one you're talking about. Please be courteous to that one person, thank you! :D

That'd be the Gray Fox. Every quest is just exciting and fun (Not to mention PROFITABLE!).

His catchphrase tho. CAPITAL!

As for MY characters, I have your typical Imperial Paladin: Dralen Arclight. Always seeking the righteous path and slaying monsters in between. Not to mention being great with the townsfolk AND the captain of the Imperial Legion! (through mods). As the Hero of Kvatch, the Champion of the Arena, and the leader of both the Fighters and Mages Guild, he also sidelines (secretly) as a Vampire and Bounty Hunter (mods) and hunts scum he wouldn't want to arrest. Each passing day for the criminals with Dralen around is yet another day where criminals struggle to hide and survive. As if they needed more heroes. Talos is proud.

Now we have the Redguard Assassin and Thief: Ethon Gramin. Never afraid to use every illegal action to rise to infamy, this Redguard seeks his father, who disappeared while working for the Thieves Guild. Now as the Dark Brotherhood's Listener, he moved towards secretly funding his killing organization using the same guild that lost his father, the Thieves Guild. Now as the new Gray Fox and with the protection of his assassins and the provisions of his thieves, he is all but untouchable.

The prodigy turned psychopath, young Breton Serven Lanthos only wanted everyone to see that age was not the question when it came to magical prowess. But no one, especially the Mages Guild, took him seriously. Nonetheless he joined their petty guild and did their obnoxious tasks. Until it was time to face Mannimarco. This outcast...this outlaw...this necromancer whom everyone was told to hate, understood young Serven. Mannimarco showed his true form (mod) and invited Serven to joining his covenant. An invitation he would not hesitate to accept. The Mages Guild trembles.

Yes, I had 5 months of summer. Sufficient to build these guys properly.

Edited by Operative85

My characters isnt fancy. I have 2 ill like to share

My male breton named Adam Border uses a Silver Longsword and a Steel Bow with Silver Arrows and is a level 8. He gets money by repairing weapons and armor or crafting weapons and armor at the local smith. Sometimes he chops wood at the city stables for a few bucks. Mostly he does miscellaneous quest and is a member of the Adventurers Guild. He has been to Anvil and Skingrad and is now currently in Bravil. He never had any bounty and packs lightly.

My Khajiit make name Telki'qa is a criminal. Wanted over 1500 gold and has robbed stores in the Imperial City Market and killed 7 people. He has fled the Imperial City and is hiding out in Skingrad. He is a member of a Khajiit Gang and does jobs for them to get money. He also get money from stealing from stores and homes.

• 3 months later...

Since it's my first time trough Oblivion I'll share my only character:

- Like Skyrim, the first hero I chose for Oblivion was a dark orc - This time it was a female - Her name's Kaguya (taken' from the manga/anime Naruto - I like using japanese anime names for my videogame characters, but female names sometimes sound unappealing - This one sounded like a goddess/warrior's name so I liked it). She is not overly attractive or sexualized like other female characters (I'm a straight male), but she does look fairly attractive and badass, dark blue skin, red eyes and a haircut with really long hair tied all the way to the back of the head. She isn't particularly intelligent or agile, but she does pack quite a punch - Her physical strength is enormous, as well as endurance, she does pretty well with the chillrend sword (which I came across by pure luck) as well as the escutheon of chorrol shield (her block skill is not high, so a good shield is important). She also excels a lot in destructive magic, using fireballs and her own mages staff to blast enemies, as well as electric shock and ice attacks. Restoration is also good, she uses it frequently during battles to restore health, as well as the occasional hand to hand combined with purely magic offensive attack and some blunt weapons like axes.

Despite not being very good with other skills, she learned enough to steal moderately well, as well as too sneak properly and complete quests decently for the dark brotherhood and thieves guild. Illusion is one of those minor skills that she masters specially well, using the captivate spell to persuade people.

She wears currently a dwarven armor, steel greaves, leather gauntlets and some special boots she got in some quests which increase skills, as well as a helmet that increases magicka (combined with her 50%+ magicka from the mage sign she's a beast). She also likes wearing the dark brotherhood armor and hood, and she travels using her horse shadowmere

She makes her living trough quests money, as well as stealing - Except for the dark brotherhood, she doesn't kill any people unless she is threatened, and there is no bounty over her head - She steals when people are asleep to prevent being discovered and then sells the stolen items over a fence. She doesn't kill out of nothing, but if you mess with her your head will be ripped off, such as it happened with the orc who tried to rob me in the middle of the road.

Apart from the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves guild, she's a part of the Mages guild and Fighters guild (for the last, she only completed one or two quests). The thieves guild is probably the institution she is progressing more and more. The dark brotherhood was her major strength but she hasn't completed missions since she killed (SPOILER) everyone in the hideout and got shadowmere after.

She's not very smart and not very captivating, her speechcraft skills sucks, but why care about it with so much brute strength? :P

She's currently level 10.

• 2 months later...

My favorite npc is Glarthir, he might be crazy but he is my kind of crazy. Paranoia is a nice early quest, that gives time to start beefing up a character, the gold earned by the quest + looting his house is really useful for a low level character, and his body makes a safe storage container (the gift that keeps giving) in my favorite town.

My own character is called Sirena (regardless of what race she is), been a Nona and Moonshadow Elf in the past, but currently she is a Nord (using Abriaels' Human race Revisited), sleath based and with two major magic skills (Conjuring and Illusion), favoring light armor and blades. She wears a Little Carmine Dress (the only free item in my game), and at some point will add Saerileth as a companion, once I have acquired Battlehorn Castle and/or the IC shack. It's very early days in her current game, but a wealth of experience with other builds, suggest she will do a decent job.