Looking for Mod Ideas to Pick Up

Mattiewagg

Modding   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make Immersive Quests (see below), ArtMurder's idea or a different mod?

• Immersive Quests! (If you've got a better name, please comment below.)
    • No, you should use a different idea. (Post below.)
    • No, use [url=http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1983314-looking-for-mod-ideas-to-pick-up/?p=17231359]ArtMurder's quest idea[/url]. (+1 - ignore this.)
    • No, use the [url=http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1525668-become-a-daedric-prince/]Become a Daedric Prince[/url] idea. (+1 - ignore this.)

LordAndSavior: I was thinking Free Masons, but it's the same basic concept, yeah! A secret shadow society that controls everything in skyrim, consisting of a few, highly fleshed out members who you can buddy up to, or go toe to toe with! It would also be nice to have some characters acknowledge how epic your character is and his accomplishments are. Maybe those commoners don't understand what you've done for the world, but these people surely do!

Matthiaswagg: I'm glad you like the idea! I can help you flesh it out a lot more if you want me too, I can even help come up with some of the quest concepts, though I have ZERO talent in actually putting together quests in the CK, I can write for them, and I can maybe do some of the voice acting if you need some help in that area, I have not done voice acting before but I have a decent mic, and am really good at impressions, so I should be able to pull off the different races. ^-^

It'd absolutely be exciting to see that mod come to fruition, especially since it would definitely give me an incentive to import my "all questlines finished" save to Skyrim. I do wonder how the Dark Brotherhood thing would work out.

Dude common

I'm not even reading anything but my 2 cents are

JOIN THE DISCWORLD COLE TRAIN BABY!

Nough said

Before I join anybody else's project, I'd like to create, and finish, my own semi-large mod. While I've made quest mods before in Oblivion, and some smaller unreleased ones for Skyrim, I'd like to have a released quest mod under my belt before joining another project.

Speaking of which, how close is Discworld to being finished?

Lol

Dude I guess we have diff definitions of large quest mod hehe

Cause I think of Dragon break as small and Discworld as large and I'm 7 months deep into Discworld

Alpha is slated for mid september 20+ hours of content

Final release is slated for feb-april 2015 45-80 hours of content (Depending, in the last month and a half ive gotten more people on board than the entirety of the first 5.5 months)

Actually about to start work on another trailer, more pro giggidy

Lol

Dude I guess we have diff definitions of large quest mod hehe

Cause I think of Dragon break as small and Discworld as large and I'm 7 months deep into Discworld

Alpha is slated for mid september 20+ hours of content

Final release is slated for feb-april 2015 45-80 hours of content (Depending, in the last month and a half ive gotten more people on board than the entirety of the first 5.5 months)

Actually about to start work on another trailer, more pro giggidy

Discworld is definitely a lot larger than a Dragonborn quest like ArtMurder suggested would be. I won't have much time on my hands at all in a month or so though, so I don't want to commit to a project that would take me more than 2 or 3 months of time. (I can still fit in some time in a month, just not as much as I can for now.)

I definitely prefer the original idea from the author. Skyrim is really lacking in terms of quests and Bethesda really didn't put much effort in this aspect as they did with others. The game is still awesome and I love it to death, but it isn't honest with myself to say that the game is outstanding in terms of questing as Oblivion and Morrowind.

It lacks quests with stories behind it...like that one in Oblivion where you dive in a well and take a ring, when you add it to your inventory the ring makes you overencumbered because it was a plan to kill you. Another great quest was investigating why an artist in Cheydinhal went missing, then you discover that he has a magical brush that allows him to enter his pictures, but he lost it and is trapped in there.

Or the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests that were actually meaningful in the game world and for the faction. The fun ones like removing everyones clothing during a dinner to please a daedric prince, or fool an entire town to believe the apocalypse is coming...

80% of Skyrim's quests are comparable to delivering Fargoth's ring. "I lost my grandpa sword in this spooky dungeon! I'm a mercenary and one handed expert but I can't get another sword and go back in there to fight some low level spooky monsters! Do this for me, random man that I never saw!".

Blood on the Ice good is good because they really put their time to make it, with multiple endings and an actual backstory with fun gameplay elements in it. There are indeed some fun quests, but 80% of them are repetitive and some are boring.

The game is overall very rushed, they should've waited more to actually work on it and release it's full content like the complete civil war, Winterhold College quests, etc.

If this mod succeeds in bringing quests with depth and interesting turns, I'm totally in. Oblivion and Morrowind quests are a GREAT reference if you got no ideas. I'm not saying to copy it, but to help you come with something.

Tracking this thread, I really hope this goes forward

I definitely prefer the original idea from the author. Skyrim is really lacking in terms of quests and Bethesda really didn't put much effort in this aspect as they did with others. The game is still awesome and I love it to death, but it isn't honest with myself to say that the game is outstanding in terms of questing as Oblivion and Morrowind.

It lacks quests with stories behind it...like that one in Oblivion where you dive in a well and take a ring, when you add it to your inventory the ring makes you overencumbered because it was a plan to kill you. Another great quest was investigating why an artist in Cheydinhal went missing, then you discover that he has a magical brush that allows him to enter his pictures, but he lost it and is trapped in there.

Or the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests that were actually meaningful in the game world and for the faction. The fun ones like removing everyones clothing during a dinner to please a daedric prince, or fool an entire town to believe the apocalypse is coming...

80% of Skyrim's quests are comparable to delivering Fargoth's ring. "I lost my grandpa sword in this spooky dungeon! I'm a mercenary and one handed expert but I can't get another sword and go back in there to fight some low level spooky monsters! Do this for me, random man that I never saw!".

Blood on the Ice good is good because they really put their time to make it, with multiple endings and an actual backstory with fun gameplay elements in it. There are indeed some fun quests, but 80% of them are repetitive and some are boring.

The game is overall very rushed, they should've waited more to actually work on it and release it's full content like the complete civil war, Winterhold College quests, etc.

If this mod succeeds in bringing quests with depth and interesting turns, I'm totally in. Oblivion and Morrowind quests are a GREAT reference if you got no ideas. I'm not saying to copy it, but to help you come with something.

Tracking this thread, I really hope this goes forward

I am of the same opinion. Right now I'm trying to decide between Immersive Quests and ArtMurder's idea, but I'm leaning towards Immersive Quest because I feel like it's more unique - it's not one new questline, but lots of medium-large quests.