Legendary Edition low fps

Emptyclaws

hi, ive had the normal skyrim for a while now, with all 3 dlc also(installed seperately), and ive gotten around 20 mods with no problems. However, i now bought the elder scrolls anthology, and installed skyrim from steam. and its fps is unusually low. I used to get around 35-60, but now i have around 15-25 fps. The game itself however looks very HD even when i put it on low. to not lose my progress, i got ALL the files from my old skyrim file and pasted it into the steam one. Idk if i should delete the mods and redownload them or something. but i dont think thats the problem. It seems like when i change quality settings in skyrim legendary, it always seems to be the same, and i always press ok on the options. i play it with SKSE usually btw. My specs are:

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD integrated graphics

8 gb ram

Theres nothing else i can imagine could effect this fps drop but the game not changing quality, its simply high all the time.

NOTE: i had legendary edition before, and it had the same fps drop, so i gave the disk back to my friend. but i had no mods back then. It still has the same amount of fps drop tho, not more or less. I think its a problem in the legendary editions files or something

mods are:

dragon combat overhaul
fire and ice overhaul

enhanced animations

W.A.T.E.R HD water mod

The dance of death

FNIS

dovahbear with werebear

JK's whiterun

falskaar

falskaar fast travel

spicy skyforge 2k

Flora overhaul

Climates of tamriel

two handed rebalance

a quality world map

No cooldown for shouts dragonborn DLC

shouttastic no cooldown edition

serana yellow eye fix

bounty quest fix

ultimate combat

Integrated graphics are usually not really great. You might have two video cards, one integrated and one for gaming. Maybe your previous Skyrim version switched to the gaming video card and the anthology version does not.

Either way, the anthology version of Skyrim is the same as Skyrim retail + latest patches + all DLC

the copy and paste worked, i just copy and pasted the esm and other files, basically the whole data folder. I also got it solved, the resolution had switched to the max, and my pc cant handle it. When it reinstalled, it changed my settings, but i changed it back. Also, what video cards would you recommend to at least run skyrim on high for like 60 fps from the 50-120 dollar price range. Doesnt have to run 60 on high, which would probably cost more than 120 i know, but also i have only a 300w power supply and AMD A8. Any video card reccomendations?

Yikes 300w! I'd install a better PSU too.

Yea, i know its very low, but the thing is if i buy a 500w 50 dollar PSU then that leaves only around 50 for graphics cards. And to play skyrim on at least medium with max res you would need like a gtx 650 ti or so (i believe so). And the 650 ti is around 120 dollars, so its very hard to get a better psu (which i badly need), and a decent video card. If i have to, i think i will get a better psu first, since that will make upgrades easier in the near future.

Yea, i know its very low, but the thing is if i buy a 500w 50 dollar PSU then that leaves only around 50 for graphics cards. And to play skyrim on at least medium with max res you would need like a gtx 650 ti or so (i believe so). And the 650 ti is around 120 dollars, so its very hard to get a better psu (which i badly need), and a decent video card. If i have to, i think i will get a better psu first, since that will make upgrades easier in the near future.

Yes i know what it's like to be poor.Gandalf is so poor he can't even afford to feed his pet Balrog.

I need a new graphics card but can't spare the coin to get one.I just replaced my PSU, got a deal on a 700w at PCDirect.Got a graphics card there too, Nvidia Geforce GT 630 2gb for 70 bucks,it's all i could afford at the time.No i don't work for PCDirect. :P

Yes i know what it's like to be poor.Gandalf is so poor he can't even afford to feed his pet Balrog.

I need a new graphics card but can't spare the coin to get one.I just replaced my PSU, got a deal on a 700w at PCDirect.Got a graphics card there too, Nvidia Geforce GT 630 2gb for 70 bucks,it's all i could afford at the time.No i don't work for PCDirect. :tongue:

I feel you gandalf, looks like saving the world doesnt get you gold. Btw, do you think you can get me into a deal like that :P. Need one badly... Also what settings do you play skyrim or any other game on and how much fps do you get with the GT 630?

60fps? You'd need an overclocked intel proccy, such as the 2500k/3570k/4690k and...Oh I dunno, an R9 280x supposing you're going to have an ENB.

I advocate having a beefier PSU. I'd wager 500W would do you just fine for as long as you plan to have the compy.

Though I don't think that 700W is a quality one. A decent 700W that won't take out your entire computer when it reaches ~400W costs £70. What's the brand and model?

FWIW, I have an AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz and an HD 7850. I have Skyrim playing at a steady 30fps at all times with a hefty ENB.

Protip: Framecap skyrim to your lowest framerate (take a walk around Morthal swamp or Riverwood and note down 'em numbers) then add "ifpsclamp=xx" to your Skyrim.ini, with xx being your minimum framerate. Makes the game play as smoothly as it does on the consoles.