Skyrim CTD at Liar's Retreat

thecreativeblock

As I'm currently trying to discover less than 10 places left that I haven't been to in Skyrim, I encountered Liar's Retreat and thought it would be fun to go in and fight off some enemies.

Anyways, first room, 8 or something falmers all began attacking. No big deal, because I'm at level 77, about to be at level 78. However, Skyrim crash as I start to beat up the falmers, all in the beginning of that place.

I tried googling possible causes or issues relating to Liar's Retreat that could cause crash to desktop and there's nothing. I really want to get through this cave and clear it.

I went back in game and it always ctd while at the beginning of the fight, everytime I load it. I refuse to give up on that cave.

If you need info about specs or my mod list, I can provide it (if there's a way to export my mod list).

• 6 months later...

No one got anything for this? I'm having the exact same issue as well. I managed to kill the falmer though, but as I got deeper into the cave, more falmer! So I CTD'd again. Some of the meshes also glitch out on NPCs. For example I had Lydia with me, and her body (except the head) turned black and she was standing in a "T" position but leaned forwards at about a 45 degree angle. I just shrugged that off though and disabled her then re-enabled her and she was fine again, but it was still rather annoying. That didn't cause any crashes, surprisingly, its literally just when I start a fight.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...