Strong enough specs?

kamesstory

Hey guys.

I've been seeking to run a ENB on my Skyrim, but when I install Realvision, the game lags really hard, with an FPS of maybe 10 or 20.

I have got an extensive mod list, filled with 2K and maybe a few 4K textures, as well as some script-heavy mods (I think they're script-heavy, at least). The list is here:

Of the more notable graphics changing mods, I have Pure Waters, Static Mesh Improvement, RLO, Climates of Tamriel, Skyrim HD 2K, Flora Overhaul, Dynamic Snow, SkyFalls, Ruins Clutter Improved, Realistic Clouds 2K, and Enhanced Blood Textures. I have not downloaded any Lite versions of these mods, and have selected the 'normal' versions of all these mods.

I do have ENBoost installed as well as Memory Logs and SSME, as well as this thing called Performance FX (which decreases graphic quality of falling snow, pine needles, etc. which I don't find very necessary to be too detailed).

I have a GTX 770 and an Intel Core i5-4670K at 3.40 GHz, with 8 GB of RAM. Nothing is overclocked.

I did some research online and it said that I should be running a modded Skyrim like mine with minimal effort (around 60 FPS), but I get around 40-60 usually depending on the circumstances. I'm willing to play with 40 or 30 FPS if it means I can run Skyrim with ENB. The information came from Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1x892u/best_possible_specs_for_heavily_modded_skyrim/

Thanks for the help!

Edited by kamesstory

Skyrim Configulator,

Idiot proofs the ini tweaks,

Specifically do this,

Backup your ini files, Refresh some new ones,

With the app, open them up and check mark threading options,

Also since goal is enb turn off the AA and Sampling, cause the post process of ENB injects it anyway and is said to do a better job,

Also turn that stuff off specifically for Skyrim in your video card control panel...The enb injector will handle it for you.

Next,

There are two methods of enhancing the memory allotment for skyrim, honestly I find it hard to believe that your game would run at all with your mods if you have not done this.

SSME-Skyrim Startup Memory Editor

Download the oldest and install, then download the newest and overwrite it...Blam done you now get more allotted memory

OR

Find your SKSE.ini in plugins and essentially add the same information that SSME does...........Honesly I haven't done this with mine so its not exactly the same, but there has to be some info floating around the silver lock page on this feature...The thing to note is that currently it doesn't come active.

Other than that, you have a 2 gig video card right? So this should be very doable.

Edited by gamefever

Skyrim Configulator,

Idiot proofs the ini tweaks,

Specifically do this,

Backup your ini files, Refresh some new ones,

With the app, open them up and check mark threading options,

Also since goal is enb turn off the AA and Sampling, cause the post process of ENB injects it anyway and is said to do a better job,

Also turn that stuff off specifically for Skyrim in your video card control panel...The enb injector will handle it for you.

Next,

There are two methods of enhancing the memory allotment for skyrim, honestly I find it hard to believe that your game would run at all with your mods if you have not done this.

SSME-Skyrim Startup Memory Editor

Download the oldest and install, then download the newest and overwrite it...Blam done you now get more allotted memory

OR

Find your SKSE.ini in plugins and essentially add the same information that SSME does...........Honesly I haven't done this with mine so its not exactly the same, but there has to be some info floating around the silver lock page on this feature...The thing to note is that currently it doesn't come active.

Other than that, you have a 2 gig video card right? So this should be very doable.

Terribly sorry, I'm rather a noob at this kind of stuff. I went on the graphics card settings and there's a LOT of Anisotropic Filtering, Antialiasing, etc. which I do recognize, but I'm not sure which ones exactly I'm supposed to turn off? Stuff like Antialiasing FXAA and Gamma Correction, AA Mode, AA Transparency, etc.

Also, I do have SSME. However, i downloaded the newest version directly - did not patch your way by going old -> new. Will this affect it somehow, and if it does, how do I uninstall SSME? Just remove files?

My SSME log shows that it works according to the main SSME page:

SSME v. 01080000

parsing INI file
address 004BD832 patched from 6086290F to 6086110F
address 00687E89 patched from 00000200 to 00000300
address 00A4E6BF validated as 10000000
parsing finished
Edited by kamesstory