view effect/spells on Charater?

Xadhom

is there any way to find out what effects or spells is currently affecting your character?

in Skyrim there is MFG console, with it i can see what effects is currently on my character and i can then if i want remove them with removespell console command, but i have found no way to view or find the effects in FO:NV

reason i want to know is that my character is currently bugged with 100% poison resist which isnt bad as such, but even so i prefer unbugged characters.

the effects I'm looking for don't show up in the pipboys effect list either, if it did i could probably find out what it was that cause it.

To check active effects on your character: in FO:NV, simple open you pipboy and (if using no mods that alter the pipboy menus) go to the page that shows your injured limbs, hit the down button, now you know what effects are active on you character and what they are from; In Skyrim, open your magic menu and go to the "active effects" listing.

You don't need any mods to do it at all. Both even list what gives those effects to you.

If they don't show up in the effects list then they don't exist or were added by a mod that wasn't properly written. Or they are the result of perks and/or traits.

Edited by greenknightfury

• 5 years later...

God, sometimes people are useless. He means the formids of effects, etc. and not all of them show up in the pipboy. What he's asking for is a mod like what refscope did for oblivion where you can actually see the formid of effects, items, spells, etc. and also what mod is responsible for adding them, also it shows effects that are hidden. There is something similar for skyrim that is integrated with SKYUI though it might be another mod. NEVER have I found anything comparable for New Vegas and there are a lot of mods that screw up and leave modifications you can't get rid of and removing the mod might remove the effects but the modifications to your stats which include SPECIAL, skills, running speed, weapon draw speed, and a whole bunch of effects included with perks and so forth. Sometimes the only way to fix the problem is by using the console. So far my only recourse with NV is to load up FNV and look through mod after mod after mod. Effects, hidden items armor token, etc. etc. etc. and it is an enormous pain in the butt. Sometimes inept modders will literally wreck your character with irreversible changes and others go out of their way to be clever as to make it impossible to reverse what they did to keep you from "cheating" when it fact you are just trying to fix their mistake. I know this is an old thread but I just have to rant and waste even more time than I have trying to find a solution to my current problem I have invested the last hour and a half (not including time spent last night).

I'm not aware of any mod to do that either. The closest I've found is "Fallout NV Cheat Terminal Redux", but it's old and does have limitations. It would seem you need to use the "Category:Effect Functions (JIP)", but as they seem to assume there will be an "array" of effects, it doesn't appear to lend itself to readily use in the console.

I would be interested to learn of such a tool if you find one, to add to the wiki.

-Dubious-