Requiem help

Quizok

Hello everyone, I am trying to make Requiem run with some mods, and wish to get an opinion from a more experienced person in modding.

This is the list of mods that I want to run with Requiem and want to know if there are incompatibiltities between them and Req or between themselves for that matter.

I assume none of the werewolf/vampire mods work with Req, but Im curious for the rest. Any advice is welcome. Thank you

-Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One

-【WWLMG】Ascension - Dynamic
-Open Cities Skyrim
-When Vampires Attack
-Improved Fish BASIC
-skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds
+Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
-AmazingFollowerTweaks
-Thieves Guild Requirements
-【DSAMG】Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious
-Werewolf Mastery by RolandSir MainFile v3 0 DG
-Wearable Lanterns 3 0b
-Water From Wells Base Version
-Vampire Lord Collision Fix
-Unread Books Glow
-UNP BASE Main body V1dot2
-UNP Armors version
-Unique Uniques
-Underwater SFX Fix
-TTYM - Think To Yourself Messages v1 - i guess I wont use this cuz requiem does it already.
-True Medieval Tavern Music
-Treasure Hunt
-TouringCarriages
-Thundering Shouts - normal pitch
-The Art of Magicka - UNP-LOW REZ
-Tales of Lycanthropy Modular - Core
-Supreme Storms for Climates of Tamriel
-Supreme Storms
-Splash of Rain
-Spell Crafting
-Smooth blades draw and sheath
-Smart Cast
-Skyrims Unique Treasures 1 4 Update STANDARD version
-Skyrim Sewers 412 Main File
-Skyrim School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
-Skyhighrim Dragonborn Patch
-Skyhighrim - this is already integrated in requiem, right?
-Skooma Drug Effect
-Skooma Cooking
-Sjel Blad Castle
-simple lockpicking
-Selene v1-6-0 UNP-TBBP BSA
-Saddle Compliation
-Run For Your Lives
-RoyalBlood
-Reduced Distance NPC Greetings
-RealisticRoomRental-Basic
-Realistic werewolves - Feral werewolf Sounds
-Realistic Ragdolls and Force
-Realistic Paper MAIN
-Realistic Horse Shape
-Real Shelter - Full Release
-Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD
-RaceMenu v2-9
-Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3
-Predator Vision v
-Point The Way
-Pets of Skyrim
-People have Torches
-Open Cities Skyrim Patches
-Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes - FlaccidVersion
-NPC Smarter Water AI - Full Compatibility
-noboringsleepwaitmenu
-no spinning death animation merged
-No Snow Under The Roof
-No sneak attack sound
-Newmiller casual bikini shoes gloves stockings v2 56 for ADEC2 2BBP high-res textures 2048x2048
-New Thinner Torch
-Move it - Less Wait Time
-MoreShipwrecksV1
-MoreRain Version 1.21
-More Realistic Carrying 0 1b
-Moonlight Tales Main
-Midas Magic - Spells in Skyrim
-MCKING-NightMotherReplacer
-malkavs treasure hunt update
-malkavs treasure hunt
-Main File --fixed the Normal Crossbow sound--
-Magic College - Music
-Lydia Replacer
-lockpick graduation Option C
-Light up the night - People Have Torches - Compatibility Patches
-Jewellery v1 00 for UNP
-iNeed
-Improved Horse step Sounds v2
-ImmersiveBeds101
-Immersive Spells v1 0 ALL DLC
-Immersive Sounds - Magic
-Immersive Sounds - Footsteps 2.0
-Immersive NPC in the dark 0-8
-Hold Border Banners
-high res facemaps geonox male unp
-Heljarchen Farm - BSA
-Helgen Reborn
-Harvesting animation
-Harvest Overhaul
-Get Snowy V5
-Forgotten Magic Redone v1-6
-Follower Trap Safety
-Follower Commentary Overhaul
-Fishing In Skyrim
-fires hurt
-Expanded Jewelry Crafting Main File - I use CCOR, do I need this?
-Enhanced Night Skyrim v04 Color Galaxy
-Dynamic Merchants
-Drinking Fountains of Skyrim
-dovahkiinrelaxV16
-Dovahkiiin Prayers
-Double Torch Radius
-Dimonized dress and jewelry
-Destructible bottles v1 5 Extended
-Deadly Spell Impacts
-Deadly Combat - Deadly Combat 4_01
-dead body collision fix with improved fireball spell
-Dawn of Windhelm v1.1-43701-1-1
-Dawn of Whiterun
-Dawn of Riften 1.1-50336-1-1
-D13 Faster Get up Stand up animation
-Crossbow Basic Collection 1 1 2 EN
-Crime Radius
-CornersOfSkyrim
-Cooking Expanded MAIN 1 2b
-Cooking Expanded - DLC patches
-Convenient Horses
-Cannabis Skyrim 0dot1dot6dot1
-Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger
-Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource
-BorderSense131
-bookshelves script SKSE
-Books Books Books
-Book Covers Skyrim 2 9 3 LEGENDARY - Original
-blocksteal1
-Birds of Skyrim 065 BSA archive
-Binocular Vision Game Settings
-Better Vampires 6.6
-Better Stealth AI for Followers
-Better MessageBox Controls
-Better Horse Pain Sounds
-Better Dialogue Controls
-Better Animal Footsteps
-Bank of Skyrim v2p05
-Auto Unequip Ammo
-Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2
-Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches
-ApachiiSkyHair
-Animated Clutter
-Ambient Seagulls
-AMatterOfTime
-Acquisitive Soul Gems
-Achieve That
-A Quality World Map
-83Willows 101BUGs V4 1 LowerResolution

Edited by Quizok

Requiem is not the kind of overhaul where you can just build a big modlist and tweak it to working from their. It's incompatible with a crapload of mods, including several in your list.

To get an idea of what you should check for compatibility, anything that changes how the game plays (perks, potion effects, spells, etc) or adds spells, NPCs, etc probably either won't work or needs a compatibility patch. You can search requiem on the nexus and find a list of compatibility patches for mods that have them.

A few I notice that are incompatible are:

Midas Magic, might work but will be extremely unbalanced and will ruin your playthrough

Deadly Combat will work but most people agree that it does not work well with Requiem and can create issues and balancing problems

Followers, like Selene, need compatibility patches to balance them with Requiem, else they will be OP

Tales of Lycanthropy, possibly incompatible depending on the modules you use, not positive

Harvest Overhaul is probably compatible but will change Requiem's balancing of ingredients

Crossbow Basic Collection does not have a compatibility patch and the crossbows will most likely be overpowered

Crime Radius, this is pointless as it adds modifications that Requiem already does, so just remove it

Cooking Expanded does not have any compatibility patches, might work but will be unbalanced

Better Vampires is not compatible and will break vampires

Helgen Reborn, no compatibility patch so any custom NPCs added by the mod during the questline will be unbalanced and probably OP

Some that you have need compatibility patches like Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade. Like I said, search requiem on the nexus and several pages of patches will show up.

There are probably more incompatiblities, but those are the ones I saw. I would take a step back, remove any content changing or adding mods and start from the beginning. Add mods that xarian has listed as compatible for Requiem, then mods that have compatibility patches, and google each mod's compatibility that you add after that. You'll find other people discussing a mod's compatibility on other forums and be able to figure out if it's safe or not.

I do have all of the patches for Requiem that I could find on Nexus, and their respective mods.(IA, IW, IC, CCOR,Frostfall etc), but there seem to be no patches for the mods on my list, and I wanted to know what would work and what would not.

Apparently I wont be able to use most of them, thats sad. Ty for the info.

That is not a majority of your mods or 'most of them.' A majority of your mods work just fine with Requiem. And Requiem does not nerf content, anything without an explicit Requiem patch (that needs it) will be underpowered in Requiem, not OP.

Midas Magic isn't balanced for anything, if you want to have fun with the spells then use them.

Deadly Combat works fine with Requiem.

Selene can be balanced by giving her one Requiem perk.

Harvest Overhaul works fine.

Crossbow Collection works fine.

Crime Radius can be removed.

Cooking Expanded works fine.

Better Vampires is not compatible, but Vampiric Thirst is and offers many of the same features

Helgorn Reborn NPCs will be weaker than normal so just do it early. If it was built properly and uses templating it doesn't need a Requiem patch.

Edited by myztikrice

You should probably uninstall Werewolf mastery, to be honest any mods that add perks or change up combat should probably be uninstalled unless it's explicity stated in the mod description it's compatible with Requiem. I'm not sure about Deadly Combat, but Myztikrice says it's compatible go ahead. Personally I don't think you should bother seeing as combat in Requiem is already difficult enough but to each his own.

Also Think of Requiem as a whole new game. It literally changes everything. I highly recommend you read the manual and go on the Skyrimmods/Reddit/Requiem, Reddit page in order to get more information about the mod.

That is not a majority of your mods or 'most of them.' A majority of your mods work just fine with Requiem. And Requiem does not nerf content, anything without an explicit Requiem patch (that needs it) will be underpowered in Requiem, not OP.

Midas Magic isn't balanced for anything, if you want to have fun with the spells then use them.

Better Vampires is not compatible, but Vampiric Thirst is and offers many of the same features

Helgorn Reborn NPCs will be weaker than normal so just do it early. If it was built properly and uses templating it doesn't need a Requiem patch.

The list is big, its not just those mods you mentioned. Ty for the info.

There's a difference between working, and throwing off the balance. A mod can be compatible to the extent that it works while still having other issues, such as throwing off balance, which I explained in each of those I listed. And many NPCs can be overpowered, and not underpowered. It depends entirely on the mod and what level it was designed for. Inigo for example, a follower NPC, is balanced in vanilla yet extremely overpowered in Requiem due to some of his perks.

My point is, my post was not just about whether or not it is compatible from a "nothing exploded" point of view, but from a gameplay point of view. Requiem is balanced a certain way, and many mods are not designed around that balance without compatibility patches. Throwing off that balance, especially in your first playthrough of Requiem, is doing yourself a disservice.