Dragon Hunter Armor - A lore-friendly armor mod

Deafspite

Hi Modders,
I have been playing skyrim now for a LOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG time. I have like 1000+ hours logged. Yeah i know no life. I personally am a Lore-friendly player and I don't like using anything that ins't lore-friendly but there is something that I've always wanted to see come to the game. That is why I've come seeking you out. I was hoping that you would make an armor mod not only for me but for everyone. Aswell as I truly believe that this idea I have in mind will also give you another top mod. Anyway on to the nitty gritty.

The armor I have in mind could be called either the Dragon Hunter's Armor or Dragon Slayer's Armor. It would be a light armor fit for someone who was quick and agile and stealthy but able to take down dragons with either range or melee. Something of the Dragonstalker armor from WoWesqe type armor. ( http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/albums/wow_art/dragonstalker.jpg ) Only with a more lore-friendly Skyrim look to it. This armor would have belonged to a great dragon hunter but during the dragon wars. Not a blade but someone of great independant skill.

I believe adding small bits and bobs to the armor to make it look more like something that would fit into skyrim would really make it. For example, fur sticking out from underneath the armor and around the collar. To many armors in skyrim look like that afford no protection to the cold and for an immersive player like me that keeps me from using an armor. Another thing could be say haveing claws coming out of the heels of the boots for when the hunter would grab onto the dragon to fight it if it took flight.

I think the armor should also be unique and not crafted. It should have some enchantments on it that are helpful to fighting dragons and their followers but not unbalanced. The armor should protect against fire. The more peices you wear should add to the characters fire resistance. Perhaps a slight movement speed bonus to boots to help move and take cover from dragon attacks. Small enchantments that are cool to have but aren't gamebreaking.

Helmet/Hood/Crown -> +5% fire resist per dragon hunter armor, Bows do +15% damage

Chest -> +50 Health, +Stamina or Carry Weight

Gauntlets -> +Greater Chance to Critical Strike with Bows or Melee / +melee damage or + Bow damage

Boots -> +10% movement speed, +15% Stamina regen

As I said not unbalanced or overpowered but enchantments that a real dragon hunter could be seen using. Helps to make a player feel like they character they are playing.

Could also come up with a small quest or dungeon to obtain the armor. For Example, At a dragonwall somehwere in skyrim place a burnt corpse of a wannabe dragon hunter which will have a burnt journal nereby that will start the quest and give clues where to go next. Ultimately, you'll make your way to an unnamed barrow gaurded by the spirit of the companion of the dragon hunter who enchanted his armor, who will test you to see if you are worthy of bearing the armor. The spirit will summon a dragon spirit or something of the likes that you will then have to fight and be awarded the armor.

I truly think skyrim players of all kind would love an armor of this style. Something with tthe cool fantasy look of games like WoW, Guildwars, and RIft, but with a true skyrim look to them. If I had any modding skill I would have done it by now for many armors. You or whoever of the modding community you wish to pass this on to may take full claim to it. I just want a cool armor like this to play in.

Also I do not own nor take credit for any of the attached images. They just have good concepts.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want something from the time of the dragon wars I propose to redesign the ancient nord armor. Called Wyrm Armor - Wyrm = wingless dragon = dovahkiin

Or you retexture the Ritual Armor of Boethiah: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24814/?, that one already is a bit draconic, make the bones, scales and fangs more pronounced and change the black to fur and steel.