• single shot
    • Ye olde ball and powder
  3. 3. Do you think I am awesome?

• yes
    • YES
    • the overseer
    • of course
    • indubitably, my good man
    • only on tuesdays (and every other day too)

Hey all in the past year and a half (give or take) I have been getting into guns more and more. I am now an aspiring gunsmith of the newly opened Matrix Firearm Supply (twin cities minnesota if youre interested) and wanted to talk about guns a bit.

I myself have become alot more aware of the threats to american freedom, and its a bit scary. I was wondering on your opinons (both american and foriegn) on gun ownership and control.regulation.

Im also curious as to what you all own as gun owners (if any)

I myself own a korstog ar-15

a polish tantal wz-88 (polish ak-74)

a combat style m1911 in .45 acp

an emporer arms guardian 12

and a hi-point .40 cal (yes you may laugh)

The types of guns to be favoured relies on the situation they are to be used in. One could use a 12.7mm semiautomatic sniper rifle to hunt rabbits with or a .22LR pistol to fight off grizzly bears but I doubt that the results would be satisfactory in either case (though less dangerous in the first case).

Getting to 'know' a gun, to get the best out of that gun, is often more important than the actual quality of the gun. A good shooter can get a great deal out of a cheaper gun than a raw shooter can get out of an expensive high quality one. In other words you got to know how to use it within its limitations but also how much you can push those limits. Using a gun well is more than the ability to shoot well in your local gun club target ranges.

Odd fact: sometimes a gun is more effective as a hitting weapon, at very close range, than as a shooting weapon.

Odd fact: collateral damage is often more dangerous, in any fight, than direct shooting is. That is where a main importance of modern combat armor is; it is used to protect soldiers from collateral damage.

Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of Yugo SKS rifles, one with a folding stock, but, the sights on that one suck. (I need a gunsmith, but, you are a bit far away. :) ) Couple .22 rifles. Used to have a nice .45 long slide as well, but, that got sold to pay a bill.... Wish I still had it.

I have found that parts/accessories/ammo is far cheaper for the AK platform, than the AR, not to mention the initial cost of the rifle itself...... I have also found that the AR is much more sensitive to the quality of ammo being fired. My SKS will plink off steel-cased ammo all day, without a jam or misfire, my friends AR, on the other hand, with certain types of steel case ammo, after the second magazine, it jams almost every shot. (casing stays in chamber....) Simply switching to better quality ammo solves the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Tags, TAGS, AND MORE TAGS! :tongue:

Borderlands 2 is such a good place for players who would like to get to play a game, which almost gives gunning and road killing types the freedom in life to destroy thy neighbors livestock, Moonshine still, and pets, and not to forget the neighbors too. :sad:

Of course it becomes painfully clear that all the people living on the planet in Borderlands 2 are direct kin. Which one of you are my parents? Mom? :kiss: Dad? :whistling:

I enjoyed seeing a few reminders that hunters missed the game they were aiming to bring home for dinner. Especially since it meant the tracks of my desired animal showed me where it went. Those boys and girls who left signs of their battles on the roadside don't amuse everyone that way.

And, it just proves that not all people can hit a moving target while riding on an offroad vehicle on the bumpy payment only a mile or two outside of the big city. :mad:

There were damages near the road where the aim of some city person or green country bumpkin was clear, that they missed the Antelope, Whitetail, Mule deer, or Elk with ending up shooting a defenseless "No Trespassing Sign, No Hunting Sign, Stop sign and/or Yield signs" with regularity.

Unfortunately none of those signs are good road kill and my granny idol "Ms Daisy May Moses (Irene Ryan) " Jed Clampetts Granny was overly excited. She was even a bit disgusted with Jed when he wasted a black powder round that brought up the bubbling crude. She would have been really mad because those other boys wasted their ammo and did not even hit the darn animal with their truck. :laugh: Grannys law should be "Grannys LAW". Here it is for you who are not aware of any Grannys law. "You do not get more than one bullet, if you don't bring home a sizeable animal to feed the family your weapon will be handed down to your sister and your truck too!" :mad:

Do you want to be a pioneer? They have specifically been denied any further exploration rights and have turned to farming and hope to get to go to Mars soon.

Do you want to be mountain man? They moved into the mountains. Now-a-days the ones that are really alive live off the wilderness very frugally, I might add, these days.

Do you want to be a redneck? Some say they still linger out in the land bordering real sensible peoples farms. Some squatters, some homesteading, and some actually are the children of farmers who continue to refuse to get busy movie making so they can send home money so the bank doesn't foreclose on the family farm. (Clark Kent Where Are YOU?! The Kents need more money cause they didn't have a good crop due to the drought you know Superman said he could stop.)

A more peaceful owner of artillery member of the NRA crowd? Get in on the ground floor with people professionally keeping to be the law guarding us from those who would remove from United States our civilian, "Right to Bear Arms".