My issue is probably easy to fix, just some compatibility issue I didn't notice probably.

hey2000

Fallout: New Vegas - Start Screen Crash

I've been having an issue with my mods.

Ok, here's the issue: My Fallout NV was working fine with vanilla plus the official DLCs. I then installed like a thousand mods, and probably made a mistake somewhere along the way. This is my first time modding Fallout NV so it's probably a rookie mistake or compatability issue. I have modded Fallout 3 many times and from what I understand, Fallout NV isn't any harder to mod. So, without any more rambling, I will post my load order. Please notify me if you find anything that I've done wrong. (all mods gotten from the Nexus)

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] SomeguySeries.esm
[X] SaxxonsQuestPack.esm
[X] Military NV Backpacks.esm
[X] RustTownV1Master.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] CFWNV.esm
[X] Monster Wars.esm
[X] RockwellPursuit.esm
[X] XRE - CARS!.esm
[X] ProjectBrazil.esm
[X] FNVChristmasSpecial.esm
[X] NVWillow.esp
[X] TheShore.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] CFW-DLC.esp
[X] Fellout.esp
[X] Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
[X] Military NV Backpacks - BumBagUseSlot1.esp
[X] Military NV Backpacks - No Straps.esp
[X] PerkEveryLevel.esp
[X] Gambling.esp
[X] FreeplayafterMQNVv1_6.esp
[X] Tag Skills Improved.esp
[X] realistic headshots HC VATS.esp
[X] Goodsprings Shack.esp
[X] Light Step ED-E.esp
[X] Plausible Starting Outfit.esp
[X] Sprint Mod.esp
[X] Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
[X] LFox Cannibal Perk Improvements.esp
[X] RustTownAdditions3.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
[X] Outcast Outpost-RobCo Factory.esp
[X] Monster Wars - Epic Battles Plugin.esp
[X] Monster Wars - Robot Race Plugin.esp
[X] Monster Wars - Colossus Plugin.esp
[X] YangtzeCompound.esp
[X] Monster Wars - Behemoth Rampage.esp
[X] XRE - CARS!.esp
[X] followers of the courier 3.esp
[X] Karma Perks.esp
[X] PBCheatBoxff.esp
[X] DLCCompanions_1_3.esp
[X] Digital_Nightmare.esp
[X] TheInheritance.esp
[X] Russell.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasKiller.esp
[X] KingOfTheRing.esp
[X] Jiveo - 9mmSMGmodified.esp
[X] Uncut Wasteland.esp
[X] Courier's Crib.esp
[X] Rise of the HOBOS!!!!!.esp
(I know I went a bit crazy for one day)

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34703/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D34703&pUp=1

When you run this program it should have every mod you have ticked on and ready to load so select OK. Assuming load order is the reason for your crash the program should error out on whichever mod is causing the crash. Once you know what it is, you can correct the order and barring another misplacement you should be fine.

video by Gopher:

Skip to 13 minutes as that's what is relevant.

Edited by khmp

CRASHING RESOLVED!

I've found a solution to the problem with FalloutNVEdit. All i had to do was remove Outcast Outpost-RobCo Factory.esp, TheShore.esp, (Both Fallout 3 mods I accidentally added)NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp, (didn't work because I had two versions: NVSE and non-NVSE) and Monster Wars - Robot Race Plugin.esp

THIS DOESN'T MEAN THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED!

I am still looking for a solution for the latter half of my removed plugins. If somebody could tell me why Robot Race plugin didn't work (and maybe how to fix it) I would appreciate it.

ST Robot Race Error

Now that I've installed the ST Robot Core file, it won't show up in my load order. It doesn't open in FOMM or NV Edit. It is in the data file with all of my other esm and esp files, and i can manually open it in FOMM but I can't add it to the load order for Fallout NV.

I'm unsure as to why a mod would not appear in the load order other than the obvious that it installed somewhere other than the Data directory. Which you say it is, so I am at a loss there. I'm not a user of FOMM but for FNVEdit to not be able to open a file... Does it error out when it tries to open the *.esm? That aside, and because it's not "at a glance overt", you have downloaded both ST Robot Race v2 and the ST Robot Core v2_1 patch? Regardless, just post back to update fixed or otherwise.

Clarity Update

In case I wasn't clear, by "it doesn't open" I meant it doesn't show up. It seems like it doesn't exist, but it is in my data directory with all of my other mods. I had this problem with Fallout 3 and I had to manually edit the plugins.txt file in my AppData\Local\Fallout3. I am trying to avoid doing that again.