XCOM Long War crashing/freezing issues

Zanikinaz

Then you need to file a bug report in the Beta 14 Feedback thread. Be sure to include everything they ask for in the included "bug reporting" documentation. It might something as simple as an installer program error.

Given your reported problem is with .NET, check the version requirement for LW Beta14 carefully. The latest version of .NET (for Win7 at least) is 4.5.1 as far as I know. One thing to note about updating libraries like the .NET framework. Sometimes there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions. (Don't think this is true for .NET specifically, but definitely is for Visual C++ Redistributable and Java as examples.) You may need to update both if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, and you may need to keep several versions if they don't maintain full "backwards compatibility". "Latest" is not always the "greatest" solution.

-Dubious-

• 1 month later...

In addition to running the Steam app in "offline" mod, try disabling Steam "Cloud Sync" of save games.

1. Restart the Steam client.
  2. Right click XCOM on your Games library and select Properties.
  3. Go to the Updates tab.
  4. Uncheck the box marked "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for XCOM: Enemy Unknown."
  5. Now try starting the game again.

Other than that, suggest you check the above mentioned threads in the "XCOM File Discussions" section.

-Dubious-

I updated from Beta13 to Beta14i today and got CTD the moment game tried to start (even before intro videos started). Reinstall of all did not helped. But your advice did. Thanks

Yay for the win. The problems gone.