Character Creation Not Working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mikkon463

mikkon463

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I just installed the 1.03 patch and everything seems to work just fine...for my SAVED games. However, when i go to start a NEW game, no character models show up on the left-hand screen, just a blank space. The cursor acts as if the model is there, but there's nothing. You can go through and select race, class, etc, but when it comes time to customize, still nothing shows up. Then I tried using the Character Creator, which worked just fine, and tried to import the character into the new game, and guess what...CRASH. Anyone else run into this, have a fix? When I tried to load an old game I had to force the load because after the reinstall/patch update it said I was missing DEMO_TUTORIAL. Could that be it? I have some appearance customization overrides but they've not caused any problems before. I posted this on the social.bioware boards too but instead of answers all they seem content to do is female dog and moan about the game instead of fixing the problems themselves, which is entirely possible...since I've been doing it since save 1.

Shacary

Shacary

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 569 posts
OMg this just happened to me too! i have been uninstalling/reinstalling DAO in efforts to get it to play. Before it was just lagging our/locking up 3 minutes into the origins story cutscene, and now this too... as roseanna de anna used to say ... it's always sumthin.
I am a pc noob but i hope someone figures it out as i would liek to play this game someday again too . I have also lost my finished mage file [ i saved on a second HD ] so... i have no saves left evidentally :(

Stardusk

Stardusk

PostingManiac

• Premium Member
  • 2,310 posts

OMg this just happened to me too! i have been uninstalling/reinstalling DAO in efforts to get it to play. Before it was just lagging our/locking up 3 minutes into the origins story cutscene, and now this too... as roseanna de anna used to say ... it's always sumthin.
I am a pc noob but i hope someone figures it out as i would liek to play this game someday again too . I have also lost my finished mage file [ i saved on a second HD ] so... i have no saves left evidentally :(

Uncheck all your mods and see if you still have a problem.

DarkeWolf

DarkeWolf

You KNOW what happens when you have a wolf around sheep!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts
You should actually uncheck your mods before loading the new character anyway. (aside from your chargen mods).
This will help to avoid some of those issues where armors and other gear dont show up in the game. Wait till you can get to a spot where you can savegame, then save it, shut down DAO, check the mods back to active, and take up from the savepoint.

Also, if you've got DA:A installed, make sure to uncheck that.

Just a useful piece of advice, so we dont see more of those "My mods wont load" threads. :wink:

Is this the ingame character creator or the standalone CC that you can download seperately?

nancyferg

nancyferg

Hoping for a miracle

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

I had this problem today. Try setting graphics differently in the CC. It worked for me :)

Shacary

Shacary

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 569 posts

mine  was the  cc  vanilla   game .  I   did  what  stardusk  suggested and it  started to  work  again thanks  guys.

TundraMonkey123

TundraMonkey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I know this is an old forum for dao but I did a clean install deleated all my mods and still at CC All I see is a black screen though everything else shows up except player model. Any tips on what I am doing wrong?

Page loaded in: 0.999 seconds