Madsindy

Hello! I recently began playing Fallout 3 again and have encountered an unfortunate problem. I've been playing more or less without any problems. I've now reached the part of the story where you have to go retrieve the virgo ll dish. I am now level 11 and when i level up to level 12 after I select a perk when a press "A" it, without fail, freezes. It never crashes only freeze. I've had no problem before this besides the normal playing on windows 8 ones. I have gotten beyond level 12 before with the same mods but now I'm not so sure. Here is my load order. Any help would be useful. Cheers!

LOAD ORDER IN FOMM

[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
[X] CALIBR.esm
[X] CrossModData.esm
[X] FOOK2 - Main.ESM
[X] FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.ESM
[X] RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
[X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
[X] Mothership Crew.esm
[X] Alton, IL.esm
[X] pipboy2500_fo3_edisleado.esp
[X] DynamicCrosshair.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp
[X] Dree Perks.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] DarNifiedUIF3.esp
[X] AltonAddon.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp
[X] FOOK2 - Main.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp
[X] FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp
[X] MaxLevel100.esp
[X] Reykjavik.esp
[X] FOOK2 - DIK [Hotfix].esp
[X] FOOK2 - Main [Hotfix].esp
[X] ClassicEnclaveAPA-Better-APA-english.esp
[X] NAPA.esp
[X] Sprint Mod.esp
[ ] wastelandhome.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_VanillaPlugin.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_AnchoragePlugin.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_PointLookoutPlugin.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_PittPlugin.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_BrokenSteelPlugin.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_PL_NewItems.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_RemoveReticule.esp
[X] RH_IronSights_Basic_ZetaPlugin.esp
[X] FOOK2 - Main - Ironsights.esp
[X] SniperAimCorrected - nodemo.esp
[X] SniperZooming.esp
[X] BetterGamePerformance.esp
[X] Zan_AutoPurge_SmartAgro.esp

I just loaded the game with no mods, just the basegame and dlc's. same issue.

That is the proof you have a corrupted savegame, you need to reload the most recent savegame you have that isn't corrupted and doesn't freeze on level up.

To locate it, you load a savegame, open the console and type player.advlevel this will open the level up menu, fill in your skill points and then choose your perk, if it doesn't freeze this time you're good and can continue play from there, if not take the previous savegame and try again until it works. Delete all the savegames that froze, they're now unuseable.

To prevent and reduce the savegame corruption to a minimum you need to disable all autosaves and quicksaves and hardsave each time in a different savegame slot yourself ingame, yes I know it breaks immersion, but that's the price to pay for a savegame corruption free game. If you really can't stand it you can use CASM or similar mod that saves for you during configurable time intervals. While they reduce savegame corruption to a minimum, it can still happen with them (I experienced it) so only failsafe method is hard save yourself in the menu, each time in a new slot.

That is the proof you have a corrupted savegame, you need to reload the most recent savegame you have that isn't corrupted and doesn't freeze on level up.

To locate it, you load a savegame, open the console and type player.advlevel this will open the level up menu, fill in your skill points and then choose your perk, if it doesn't freeze this time you're good and can continue play from there, if not take the previous savegame and try again until it works. Delete all the savegames that froze, they're now unuseable.

To prevent and reduce the savegame corruption to a minimum you need to disable all autosaves and quicksaves and hardsave each time in a different savegame slot yourself ingame, yes I know it breaks immersion, but that's the price to pay for a savegame corruption free game. If you really can't stand it you can use CASM or similar mod that saves for you during configurable time intervals. While they reduce savegame corruption to a minimum, it can still happen with them (I experienced it) so only failsafe method is hard save yourself in the menu, each time in a new slot.

I've tried 14 different saves and already use casm. Same thing for all.

I had to go back close to 60 saves once, the good news is at least the first save between the last level up and the new level up should work.

Edited by Billy1969

I had to go back close to 60 saves once, the good news is at least the first save between the last level up and the new level up should work.

I'll attempt that. That's a good 30-40 saves...