Your Most Frustrating Oblivion Moments

Spl1nt3rC3ll

I could have sworn this topic already existed, but a search turned up nothing.

Oblivion: the game where you can lose yourself in a calm, relaxing world and enjoy the beauty around you (fighting quests aside, that is :tongue:). However, Oblivion can have its "sweet little" moments. What is or was the most frustrating thing about Oblivion to you? Let's all vent together. :biggrin:

Why, oh why Bethesda, did you make the "minimize the game" command "block + check inventory?!!!!!" Ghaaa! I'd realize that an end-quest boss is kicking my @$$ to Elsweyr and, after instinctively blocking its incoming blow, check my inventory for healing potions. Bam! I realize what I've just done and watch in horror as the game freezes and begins to minimize (thanks, Bethesda for at least pausing the game when this happens). I then have to wait five+ minutes as the game minimizes, then another five as it maximizes. :mad:

On the same point: No, I don't want to update iTunes right now. No, I don't want to restart my computer and update that obscure program thank-you-very-much. :rolleyes:

Also, what's with all the hate for my horse? Creatures and NPCs charge straight past me to get to my horse. I'm starting to think my horse snuck into every hostile NPCs' house and cut off their mothers' head as they watched. :ninja: Maybe that explains why they're hostile NPCs in the first place.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most frustrating? A bug with the mageguld -.- I was like "okay staff ready mission complete on to the next^^" and -.- that freakin' idiot only says "we first have to talk about your rank within the guild" - "then do so!" - *repeats himself*

another one was kvatch when you charge into the town (on a low level) there are like 50 skamps and 3 daedras in the whole town. but neither the guards nor' people from the fighterguild or the mageguild(there surely where some of them in that town!)are able to take them down. Where they all killed by the first attack?(Don't one of the guys in the camp below kvatch talk about "something monstrous" coming out of the gate?)

-.- First fight with the guards...1. Why are the psycho? 2. Why are they so weak? 3. Why are they as stupid as grass?

My most frustrating moment in Oblivion was trying to find the Skooma addict to interrogate her. When I actually need to find her is when she decides to go to the clinic because I checked her house, the inn, the museum and all of the streets/alleyways several times before I found her standing outside of her house! >.< Over an hour of running around so that I could ask her a simple question!!!!!!

my lowest ebb? well first I play a high elf melee/battlemage, so until level 30 I had *censored*-all durability, especialy against elamentals, spo most of my whining is about mages. but what pisses me off the most regularly is the way mages ALWAYS summon a weaksauce atronach then flee, screaming taunts every 2 seconds, and for some reason can run faster than a horse and dodge arrows, its a petty thing, but my god it gets annoying. secondly, it annoys me no end that I can be seen through walls by even the stupidest creatures, helooo?! Im standing behind a solid brick wall with 75% chameleon and 70 sneak, in a black shadow, and yet guards always greet me as they pass even though Ive slain dozens of them and escaped justice, aswell as being a black hand member? and a general villain? I worked hard for that infamy stat, and its still always "hello ma'am" :down: thirdly I get annoyed at how easy it is to become invincible: Im a high elf chick in game, I should, looking at my early stats, be useless in a fight, yet without any mods, by level 40 I had close to 700 hp, 75 magic resist, 88% damage reduction, and with my best nonmagical melee weapon could do 66 per second, aswell as being able to tank near anyone :ermm: lastly it annoyed me that bethsoft didnt program this game to be a habitat for gamers, its immersive enough when you play it normaly, but if you ever leave the usual areas, you soon find big open spaces of naught but trees, I suppose thats why we have this wonderful site, but still, a little slack to only populate a portion of a gameworld? still, faults aside I do still love this game for some reason, and its still one of my all time favs. :geek:

I hate being charged with "murder" every time I execute Celia Draconis during the dark brotherhood questline .I will be using a 100% chameleon spell, be a master sneak, on a roof, at night and I always gain the thousand gold bounty.

I hate being charged with "murder" every time I execute Celia Draconis during the dark brotherhood questline .I will be using a 100% chameleon spell, be a master sneak, on a roof, at night and I always gain the thousand gold bounty.

That can be bypassed by equipping a zero-weight armour item (such as using the bound armour cheat), naming it "aaa" or something similar, then enchanting it with damage to self, then reverse-pickpocketing it on to her. She should equip it and then enchant herself to death.

I hate it when I play a mod and discover that the boss is way too tough to possibly be killed by a level 20 character, or level 43 character, or whatever tough character I happen to be playing. I spent two hours trying to kill a boss from a mod once, and then finally used a cheat to escape back to Tamriel.

I hate it when people don't put silent voice files in their mods or don't warn you that you need to make your own. The characters say all sorts of stuff, but you miss it all and have no idea what is going on, so you just follow the silly red arrow thing and hope you can figure out what is going on when you get there.

I hate it when some NPC runs up to me and says, "Please take the keys to my giant mansion. I don't want it any more." I like more of a challenge in the game. Then it feels like I have really accomplished something when I get the prize.

But I think I must like this game, or I wouldn't be playing it.

Wasting arrows because of the lack of a denock arrow in vanilla game is very irksome; however, in the modded game, one of the most annoying occurrences is to have your companion drop one of your favorite swords in battle.

Trying to poison the Duke Of Mania's food. I missed the time to do it, and I never ended up putting the Felldew in his food.