Your Most Frustrating Oblivion Moments

Spl1nt3rC3ll

I hate it when something sees me, but I can never find it. Do I'm standing in the middle of a field with nothing around and battle music is playing. I sneak and my crosshair is lit up. I go into a ruin and everything knows I'm there because something outside the ruin is STILL lighting up my crosshair. I can't repair items or make potions until I either reload a game or run to town, no fast travel though because you guessed it, my crosshair IS STILL LIT.

Where are you, o phantom rat/crab/creature?

-Razorpony

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to trick the game by ending the Mage's Guild quest with the Guild leader still alive. He sacrifices himself to fill the black soul gem, normally. But, knowing this before hand, I had comitted murder most foul, and pre-loaded the black soul gem. Darn it, the fool went and sacrificed himself, anyway! :verymad:

Months ago, it was nice and sunny sunday, I was excited to enter Shivering Isles with my second character while drinking the best coffee I have ever made. I was free to play Oblivion for more than 5 hours.

First I entered Isles, came all the way to Palace. Sheogorath tasked me to fix Xedilian for unvanted visitors. I was enjoying doing the job and I even returned for more! Then he sent to meet the greatest nobles of the realm. I done what has to be done and decided to report my success to Lord Sheogorath. While entering Palace, I experienced common CTD crash. "Ok then, I will load my last saved game". I said. First, I tried to load autosave, but it was broken. Being the jerk I am, last time I saved was right in front of Gate to Shivering Isles !! I was so mad!!

I haven't played Oblivion for two days after that. Then I decided to save/quicksave my gave every 10-15 minutes. I will NEVER forget this bug, never... :sleep:

Sheogorath tasked me to fix Xedilian for unvanted visitors. I was enjoying doing the job and I even returned for more!

Sorry about your crash, dude! Been there... took me a week to come back.

I got pissed, after finishing the SI quest altogether, I returned to Xedilian for some fun. I was thinking that I would be able to mess with some interlopers, since it was supposed to be one of only two portals to my new realm. It was locked up. I could get into the front door and a few rooms, and that was it! I couldn't get anywhere inside and culdn't get the place to work again! Is this normal?

ok, I have a few, so here goes: so I'd just loaded CM partners for the first time, gained the help of a nord chick with 90+ in every skill I lacked(Im a fighter/warmage), gave her 67000 golds worth of enchanted modgear, and then went back to glenvar to change my own weapon over, on the way she got sidetracked and wandered off, I found her in the underground lake, I went up to her to adjust her scripts a little and hey presto! she jumps in the lava and dies, taking 67k of MY money with her, not including enchanted gear, which was worth more than most houses. gah!

another one is spending an hour downloading xenius' race comp only to find out that due to a glitch, all the new races were barely 2 feet tall

or spending even longer getting OOO only to find its a total failure and worse even than vannila?

my worst vannila moment however, was when for whatever reason, the NPCs in some quests that you have to babysit while they travel to a given spot and do a given action, werent moving or doing said action, either because they simply stood in their spawn locations like moai, or got stuck through their own fault in an inescapable pothole-I'll never forget having to spend an hour using ~ commands to extract salvian mattias from behind a fence JUST so I could rescue some insuffurable heir to a corrupt and utterly dislikeable regime and thus prevent them being conquered by a much more awesome regime. those are my worst moments IMO, :wacko:

Sheogorath tasked me to fix Xedilian for unvanted visitors. I was enjoying doing the job and I even returned for more!

Sorry about your crash, dude! Been there... took me a week to come back.

I got pissed, after finishing the SI quest altogether, I returned to Xedilian for some fun. I was thinking that I would be able to mess with some interlopers, since it was supposed to be one of only two portals to my new realm. It was locked up. I could get into the front door and a few rooms, and that was it! I couldn't get anywhere inside and culdn't get the place to work again! Is this normal?

Yeah, this is annoying too. But IT IS normal, Bethesda just left it locked, unreachable and boring. :mellow: You can't do anything after finishing Xedilian quest...

When I know that blasted Lich is up in Sancre Tor and Haruka's already at Cloud Ruler Temple. For crying out loud I'm more than a mile away and you can DETECT ME?

When I know that blasted Xivilai is in Mehrunes Dagon's Realm and Haruka's safe and sound inside Cheydinhal. For crying out loud we're in SEPARATE DIMENSION! And you can DETECT ME?

The most frustrating, however, is to defeat Haruka's shadow copy. Truth be told, I never actually defeated it. Haruka's equipments are hazardous against enemies, but that means when she's an enemy of herself, she's in danger too. And while she's defeated by the very same enchantment that made her goddess-like (3 times to boot), it simply proves that she is goddess-like

When I know that blasted Lich is up in Sancre Tor and Haruka's already at Cloud Ruler Temple. For crying out loud I'm more than a mile away and you can DETECT ME?

When I know that blasted Xivilai is in Mehrunes Dagon's Realm and Haruka's safe and sound inside Cheydinhal. For crying out loud we're in SEPARATE DIMENSION! And you can DETECT ME?

The most frustrating, however, is to defeat Haruka's shadow copy. Truth be told, I never actually defeated it. Haruka's equipments are hazardous against enemies, but that means when she's an enemy of herself, she's in danger too. And while she's defeated by the very same enchantment that made her goddess-like (3 times to boot), it simply proves that she is goddess-like

Uhmm... Who is Haruka? :unsure:

This is very bad, man. Whenever I'm in Oblivion realm, if I'm in the last section of tower (the room where Sigil Stone is) and I'm wounded, I have to run all the way out of tower just to become undetected. However, I think there's a mod which fixes that, I guess.