Your Most Frustrating Oblivion Moments

Spl1nt3rC3ll

When I know that blasted Lich is up in Sancre Tor and Haruka's already at Cloud Ruler Temple. For crying out loud I'm more than a mile away and you can DETECT ME?

When I know that blasted Xivilai is in Mehrunes Dagon's Realm and Haruka's safe and sound inside Cheydinhal. For crying out loud we're in SEPARATE DIMENSION! And you can DETECT ME?

The most frustrating, however, is to defeat Haruka's shadow copy. Truth be told, I never actually defeated it. Haruka's equipments are hazardous against enemies, but that means when she's an enemy of herself, she's in danger too. And while she's defeated by the very same enchantment that made her goddess-like (3 times to boot), it simply proves that she is goddess-like

This is very bad, man. Whenever I'm in Oblivion realm, if I'm in the last section of tower (the room where Sigil Stone is) and I'm wounded, I have to run all the way out of tower just to become undetected. However, I think there's a mod which fixes that, I guess.

In that same situation, I could just go invisible and into sneak mode, and they would no longer detect me. They would still be in a state of alert, but the "detect" eye would fade after about 5 seconds

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that same situation, I could just go invisible and into sneak mode, and they would no longer detect me. They would still be in a state of alert, but the "detect" eye would fade after about 5 seconds

I tried using the invisibility spell (first thing that springs to mind when you say "detected") but they still won't give me up, or maybe they just have a very good and far-reaching sixth sense

Months ago, it was nice and sunny sunday, I was excited to enter Shivering Isles with my second character while drinking the best coffee I have ever made. I was free to play Oblivion for more than 5 hours.

You could be my soulmate. Are you by any chance a single girl looking for a single girl? What kind of coffee was it? I'm sitting here with a cup of Melitta's Coconut Cream Pie coffee with real sugar and real cream; none of that half n half and Splenda crap. I also am partial to Godiva Chocolatiers' French vanilla coffee. I have no prior commitments today other than some phone calls to make and I intend to spend most of it saving Cyrodiil from a giant mushroom and the rest strangling the CS until it screams for mercy and allows me to do what I want it to in order to fix a dead mod.

People who don't appreciate good coffee and free time for Oblivion obviously need to re-evaluate their poor unfulfilled lives!

Months ago, it was nice and sunny sunday, I was excited to enter Shivering Isles with my second character while drinking the best coffee I have ever made. I was free to play Oblivion for more than 5 hours.

You could be my soulmate. Are you by any chance a single girl looking for a single girl? What kind of coffee was it? I'm sitting here with a cup of Melitta's Coconut Cream Pie coffee with real sugar and real cream; none of that half n half and Splenda crap. I also am partial to Godiva Chocolatiers' French vanilla coffee. I have no prior commitments today other than some phone calls to make and I intend to spend most of it saving Cyrodiil from a giant mushroom and the rest strangling the CS until it screams for mercy and allows me to do what I want it to in order to fix a dead mod.

People who don't appreciate good coffee and free time for Oblivion obviously need to re-evaluate their poor unfulfilled lives!

Haha, I'm just another single guy that was in long relationship, but it ended since my ex cheated on me, you know, typical... :blush: I can't imagine, but I repeat, can't imagine morning without 'Bonito" coffee and Oblivion, playing or "CS-ing". This is my ritual I must perform. I cry if it doesn't happen... :sad:

The absolute worst? Being blocked from repairing, making potions, and fast-traveling by an enemy that can't see me and is too far away for me to see it. I ran away (Speed 100) for a while and was still blocked by the usual "can't do that with an enemy nearby" line. So I stopped running and just sat there waiting to see what sort of enemy could possibly have managed to keep track of me for that long running that fast. What was it?

...wait for it...

...a freaking mudcrab. It took ten whole minutes (I timed it) to catch up and attack me.

Wow, that stinks. I tend not to wait around. If my PC is weak, I run. If I am in possible bear or big cat territory, I run. In any other case, find the thing first and take it out, or keep moving...