Morrowind FPs Optimizer

Guest Plugin Manager

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The program launches just fine but when running Morrowind.exe it always outputs an error message:

"Morrowind process was found but NOT validated. So Morrowind FPS Optimizer is disabled for now.

This can happen because of:

1) Morrowind process was just launched. So wait at least until you load your savegame.

2) Your Morrowind FPS Optimizer maybe out-of-date. Please, visit www.morrowind.nm.ru for the latest update.

3) Something wrong . Please, e-mail me to [email protected]."

I'm using Morrowind GOTY GOG version (v1.6.1820) with Bloodmoon and Tribunal enabled, patched using MCP 2.4 and the 4 GB patch, with MGE XE 0.10.0 and its internal MWSE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Edited by mindbound

In response to post #52192482.

mindbound wrote: The program launches just fine but when running Morrowind.exe it always outputs an error message:

"Morrowind process was found but NOT validated. So Morrowind FPS Optimizer is disabled for now.
1) Morrowind process was just launched. So wait at least until you load your savegame.
2) Your Morrowind FPS Optimizer maybe out-of-date. Please, visit www.morrowind.nm.ru for the latest update.

I'm using Morrowind GOTY GOG version (v1.6.1820) with Bloodmoon and Tribunal enabled, patched using MCP 2.4 and the 4 GB patch, with MGE XE 0.10.0 and its internal MWSE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

im having the same problem. the game for me is unplayable. im getting a 15 ish menu FPS which drops to between 3 - 10 when i start a game.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #52192482. #52255933 is also a reply to the same post.

mindbound wrote: The program launches just fine but when running Morrowind.exe it always outputs an error message:

madmanwithanaxe wrote: im having the same problem. the game for me is unplayable. im getting a 15 ish menu FPS which drops to between 3 - 10 when i start a game.

This is probably late, but I had this issue.You just need to run the FPS optimizer as administrator. /Possibly/ Morrowind itself as well - can't remember as I did this like 7 months ago. Either way, after doing that the FPS optimizer works fine for me every time.

In response to post #52192482. #52255933, #52544428 are all replies on the same post.

madmanwithanaxe wrote: im having the same problem. the game for me is unplayable. im getting a 15 ish menu FPS which drops to between 3 - 10 when i start a game.
peridxt wrote: This is probably late, but I had this issue.You just need to run the FPS optimizer as administrator. /Possibly/ Morrowind itself as well - can't remember as I did this like 7 months ago. Either way, after doing that the FPS optimizer works fine for me every time.

It turned out that I hadn't turned off the haggling optimisation option at MCP, which is incompatible with FPS Optimizer. I started over with a clean Morrowind.exe, applied patches without the aforementioned, and now everything works for me.

• 1 month later...

In response to post #52192482. #52255933, #52544428 are all replies on the same post.

peridxt wrote: This is probably late, but I had this issue.You just need to run the FPS optimizer as administrator. /Possibly/ Morrowind itself as well - can't remember as I did this like 7 months ago. Either way, after doing that the FPS optimizer works fine for me every time.

It turned out that I hadn't turned off the haggling optimisation option at MCP, which is incompatible with FPS Optimizer. I started over with a clean Morrowind.exe, applied patches without the aforementioned, and now everything works for me.

Where I can find the haggling optimisation option at MCP?

edit: just found it.

What settings of the optimizer do you use? I don't see any difference with and without it, I installed Overhaul, and I have got about 20 fps in the first village outside =/

Edited by botpot55

• 4 weeks later...
In response to post #53553698.

botpot55 wrote:

edit: just found it.

What settings of the optimizer do you use? I don't see any difference with and without it, I installed Overhaul, and I have got about 20 fps in the first village outside =/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why I got no fog?

Few years ago I was playing Morrowind with MGE and FPS Optimizer -- it was changing draw distance smothly and with fog covering. Now I got MGE XE, MCP and FPS Optimiser -- when draw distance is changing I see appearing/disappearing large objects and terrain texture is floating down like liquid, Fog is only near edges of cells. Few years ago I was able to tweak maximum fog = minimum draw distance ("Alone in the fog") and fog on horizon only = maximum draw distance = visibility from one edge of the map to another edge.

It is uselles for FPS optimizing for me, but I bended a key to play next music track)) And I want x10 mouse wheel speed (x5 is maximum in this app).

Edited by bashlykkazan

• 4 weeks later...