Real Signposts

Guest Plugin Manager

In response to post #17255169.

Dragon32 wrote: The "One or more plugins could not find the correct version of the master file....etc." message means that the plugin was created with an earlier version of Morrowind than the one you are using. If you have Wrye Mash then on the Mods tab the checkbox for this mod will be Yellow. Select it and then look for the Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be updated and the error removed.

The "One or more plugins could not find the correct version of the master file....etc." message means that the plugin was created with an earlier version of Morrowind than the one you are using. If you have Wrye Mash then on the Mods tab the checkbox for this mod will be Yellow. Select it and then look for the Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be updated and the error removed.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

This was driving me crazy.
I really appreciate how helpful you are, here in the Morrowind area of the Nexus.

Thanks again :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #17255169. #25528794 is also a reply to the same post.

Dragon32 wrote: The "One or more plugins could not find the correct version of the master file....etc." message means that the plugin was created with an earlier version of Morrowind than the one you are using. If you have Wrye Mash then on the Mods tab the checkbox for this mod will be Yellow. Select it and then look for the Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be updated and the error removed.
HadToRegister wrote:

The "One or more plugins could not find the correct version of the master file....etc." message means that the plugin was created with an earlier version of Morrowind than the one you are using. If you have Wrye Mash then on the Mods tab the checkbox for this mod will be Yellow. Select it and then look for the Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be updated and the error removed.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

This was driving me crazy.
I really appreciate how helpful you are, here in the Morrowind area of the Nexus.

Thanks again :)

No worries :)

• 1 year later...
In response to post #38678005.

DremoraLord98 wrote: This mod refuses to work for me, I have installed it correctly and even activated the Esp, Once I activate it, it seems my game will not want to start up, is it a problem with the Steam version??

Any error messages?

In response to post #38678005. #38688365 is also a reply to the same post.

DremoraLord98 wrote: This mod refuses to work for me, I have installed it correctly and even activated the Esp, Once I activate it, it seems my game will not want to start up, is it a problem with the Steam version??
Dragon32 wrote: Any error messages?

Yes, after I tick the Esp and start the game an error message pops up that says "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on" And like I said, I installed the mod properly, everything is where it should be so I don`t really understand the problem...

In response to post #38678005. #38688365, #38733095 are all replies on the same post.

DremoraLord98 wrote: Yes, after I tick the Esp and start the game an error message pops up that says "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on" And like I said, I installed the mod properly, everything is where it should be so I don`t really understand the problem...

That message basically means the mod was created with a different version of the game from the one you're using (e.g. a pre-Bloodmoon mod, someone with a different language version) but should not in itself cause a CTD.

Rather than using this thread could you start a new topic in the Morrowind Mod Troubleshooting sub-forum? I'll reply there.

When posting please include your complete mod list. Ideally in load order (if you use Wrye Mash or mlox) otherwise open up morrowind.ini, scroll to the bottom and copy&paste the [Game Files] bit

Also post the contents of your warnings.txt file (same directory as morrowind.ini). Ideally, delete the existing file, load up Morrowind and replicate the crash. That'll ensure any relevant game errors are captured.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
In response to post #38678005. #38688365, #38733095, #38761740 are all replies on the same post.

DremoraLord98 wrote: Yes, after I tick the Esp and start the game an error message pops up that says "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on" And like I said, I installed the mod properly, everything is where it should be so I don`t really understand the problem...
Dragon32 wrote: That message basically means the mod was created with a different version of the game from the one you're using (e.g. a pre-Bloodmoon mod, someone with a different language version) but should not in itself cause a CTD.

Rather than using this thread could you start a new topic in the Morrowind Mod Troubleshooting sub-forum? I'll reply there.

When posting please include your complete mod list. Ideally in load order (if you use Wrye Mash or mlox) otherwise open up morrowind.ini, scroll to the bottom and copy&paste the [Game Files] bit

Also post the contents of your warnings.txt file (same directory as morrowind.ini). Ideally, delete the existing file, load up Morrowind and replicate the crash. That'll ensure any relevant game errors are captured.

This mod uses an older version of Morrowind, but there are enough shared assets it's still usable. It will bring up a message on launch saying the plugin is missing the master file, but it still works. Any crashes or refusal to start is something else.

In response to post #38678005. #38688365, #38733095, #38761740, #53402368 are all replies on the same post.

Dragon32 wrote: That message basically means the mod was created with a different version of the game from the one you're using (e.g. a pre-Bloodmoon mod, someone with a different language version) but should not in itself cause a CTD.

Selacha wrote: This mod uses an older version of Morrowind, but there are enough shared assets it's still usable. It will bring up a message on launch saying the plugin is missing the master file, but it still works. Any crashes or refusal to start is something else.

Load the esp file into the Construction Set with Morrowind.esm, then save it. Clean the saved .esp file with TESTool or some other cleaner. The message should go away.

• 2 months later...