Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Alright. So I'm not sure how useful this will be to anyone, but it seemed to work pretty well in the Bethesda Forums, so here goes:

If you've got a quick question and need a quick answer, post away and hopefully someone will provide the answer(s) you need.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I set an interior cell's encounter zone to none, will that allow the flora to respawn?

And do I need to change the creatures to NoResetZone to prevent them from respawning, even if they don't have the respawn flag checked?

Edited by EliteKhajiit

If I set an interior cell's encounter zone to none, will that allow the flora to respawn?

And do I need to change the creatures to NoResetZone to prevent them from respawning, even if they don't have the respawn flag checked?

I'm not sure about the first question, but regarding the second:

They don't respawn if they don't have the respawn flag checked.

You might be able to find more information on this page.

Ok that pretty much answers the second question. I want my home(a dungeon) to reset so I can have more mushrooms, but I don't want creatures to respawn.

With the first question I'm just trying to understand what happens to a cell if its encounter zone is set to "none". Is the encounter zone determined by some master setting?

Ok that pretty much answers the second question. I want my home(a dungeon) to reset so I can have more mushrooms, but I don't want creatures to respawn.

With the first question I'm just trying to understand what happens to a cell if its encounter zone is set to "none". Is the encounter zone determined by some master setting?

I'm not much of an interior designer, so I can't really answer that question. Hopefully, somebody else will be able to though.

EDIT: This Encounter Zone page might help you somewhat. I'm sorry I can't help anymore.

EDIT 2: Well, I'm not sure what will happen if it's set to none, but possibly the default settings of a normal Encounter Zone would be yours?

Edited by Matthiaswagg

So I created a tower outside of whiterun and I have it complete. The base of the tower goes into a mountain, which from my previous modding experience with morrowind and new vegas I thought it would be ok. For some reason when aproaching the tower from the road the base of the Mountain is glitchy and you can see through it and walk through it. Up around the peaks its still solid just not at the base. Any input? This is my first skyrim modding experience, but ive been able to solve the rest of my problems using tutorials.

So I created a tower outside of whiterun and I have it complete. The base of the tower goes into a mountain, which from my previous modding experience with morrowind and new vegas I thought it would be ok. For some reason when aproaching the tower from the road the base of the Mountain is glitchy and you can see through it and walk through it. Up around the peaks its still solid just not at the base. Any input? This is my first skyrim modding experience, but ive been able to solve the rest of my problems using tutorials.

So the mountain itself is glitchy - not the tower? I'm not sure why this would be happening, since it's usually fine to put objects/buildings inside of other things. Is the entrance inside the mountain, or just the base? And if you remove the tower/don't load your plugin, does it stop the issue? Lastly, are you testing it on an old save or a new one? If your answer is the former you should try making a new save and testing it.

Edited by Matthiaswagg