Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Well I used a system of tower bsses and stairs to lead up to the tower, but its just static object that go into the mountain. The entrance is fully functional and is above the mountain. Also do I have to do anything specialbwith the nav mesh to get followers to use doors/ follow me inside?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I used a system of tower bsses and stairs to lead up to the tower, but its just static object that go into the mountain. The entrance is fully functional and is above the mountain. Also do I have to do anything specialbwith the nav mesh to get followers to use doors/ follow me inside?

I'm not sure what could be wrong with the mountain, but the navmesh just needs to exist really. So make sure you have the proper navmeshing on the stairs, and make sure there is a green triangle underneath the door.

Ok that pretty much answers the second question. I want my home(a dungeon) to reset so I can have more mushrooms, but I don't want creatures to respawn.

With the first question I'm just trying to understand what happens to a cell if its encounter zone is set to "none". Is the encounter zone determined by some master setting?

I'm not much of an interior designer, so I can't really answer that question. Hopefully, somebody else will be able to though.

EDIT: This Encounter Zone page might help you somewhat. I'm sorry I can't help anymore.

EDIT 2: Well, I'm not sure what will happen if it's set to none, but possibly the default settings of a normal Encounter Zone would be yours?

Ah thanks for that link. I'm a bit confused now though. I suspect that a zone resetting is the same as typing into the console resetinterior <cell ID>, which actually resets the cell's creatures and bosses, even though they don't have a respawn flag.

I'm starting to think the only way to have a dungeon where the flora resets but the enemies do not is with a script that forces the flora to respawn after a certain point.

You would have to edit each npc and unclick respawn

I'm saying they respawn even though they are already set to not respawn.

edit: I could be wrong though, I'll have to test it again.

edit2: Yeah I was wrong, they don't reset if the respawn flag is off.

Edited by EliteKhajiit

Ok heres one for you

This is seriously pissing meoff cause no matter what I do casting a spell seems to ALWAYS call a detection event, even when putting the sound level to silent and adding all perks to the player

sooooo

Know of any way for a lvl 1 with no skills to be able to fire a spell and it not cause a detection event?

I'm trying to place this godawful trap I spent 5 hours working on now and its awesome as all hell but the absolute best way to place it was via a spell explosion (very very very tiny one) that places a object which spawns the trap at the exact height level of the ground the object was on etc..

Just keep getting in combat no matter what I do with the spell projectile and explosion sound levels

EDIT

I just F'ing gave up, it's as silent as it can be rofl

Like all I wanted to do was place this trap via a spell delivery without ever being detected, too hard ot ask skyrim wtf!!

Edited by Darren83

Are startup stages necessary in non-Story Manager quests? And are shutdown stages necessary if you have a startup stage?

Start up and shut down stages are never necessary. They are useful if you have a stage that you want to fire automatically when a quest starts or if you have a stage that you want to fire whenever a quest stops, but they are not necessary if you don't need this things.