Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to increase the detection of a single enemy so people cannot simply sneak past it.

You could try raising the enemy sneak skill to 100.

@Darren83 - there's a box in the magic effect form that you can check to disable detection. It's called "No Hit Event".

Edited by Terra Nova

You would have to edit each npc and unclick respawn

I'm saying they respawn even though they are already set to not respawn.

edit: I could be wrong though, I'll have to test it again.

edit2: Yeah I was wrong, they don't reset if the respawn flag is off.

Glad you fixed it.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Are startup stages necessary in non-Story Manager quests? And are shutdown stages necessary if you have a startup stage?

Start up and shut down stages are never necessary. They are useful if you have a stage that you want to fire automatically when a quest starts or if you have a stage that you want to fire whenever a quest stops, but they are not necessary if you don't need this things.

Thank you.

edit: quoted the wrong post.

I don't know of a mod but the hostility is caused by this tiny bit of scripting in the playervampirequest:

;/ REMOVING HATE ON LEVEL 4 VAMPIRE
			;All NPCs  hate the evil Vampire
			Game.GetPlayer().AddtoFaction(VampirePCFaction)
			Game.GetPlayer().SetAttackActorOnSight()

int cfIndex = 0
			Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: DLC1CrimeFactions = " + DLC1CrimeFactions)
			Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: CrimeFactions before = " + CrimeFactions)
			CrimeFactions = DLC1CrimeFactions
			Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: CrimeFactions after = " + CrimeFactions)
   			while (cfIndex < CrimeFactions.GetSize())
         		Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: Setting enemy flag on " + CrimeFactions.GetAt(cfIndex))
        		(CrimeFactions.GetAt(cfIndex) as Faction).SetPlayerEnemy()
        		cfIndex += 1
    		endwhile
			/;

The script for undoing all of this when the player drinks blood is still in place, so all you really have to do is add the script above to, say, a spell that only takes effect when the player is at stage 4 vampirism and it should return the vanilla functionality.

Edited by lofgren

Is there a way to increase the detection of a single enemy so people cannot simply sneak past it.

You could try raising the enemy sneak skill to 100.

@Darren83 - there's a box in the magic effect form that you can check to disable detection. It's called "No Hit Event".

Ya but I have to have a EXPLOSION to generate the item that triggers the trap. The explosion tab in the spell creation does not work or I am doing something horribly wrong, so I add the explosion to the projectile which causes a detection event. If I can get it to work in the spell tab it may just work but I can't figure it out

just tried it a couple diff ways to looking at bethesdas stuff seems they didnt use the explosion tab either FML

Even just tried editing the game setting and putting silent to 0 and detection number for all explosions to 0, still initiates a search.. F the CK really

Edited by Darren83

In the Quest Objectives tab, I know you can add conditions to the objectives. If I add a condition, say, a GlobalGetValue of my global UseMarkers and make it equal 1, if that is false will it just disable the quest marker or the entire objective? If the latter, is there a way to just disable the marker aside from not using a marker at all? I'd like to have an option for there to be quest markers, but I'm not sure if this will work since I still want the objectives themselves to exist.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Glad you fixed it.

:/ Turns out I was wrong about being wrong. I just did a reset and all of the enemies respawned for some reason. And also annoying, the items I placed that were supposed to respawn did not.

The more I use the CK, the more I think that it's just loaded with bugs and broken scripts. Or maybe it's just Skyrim itself that is broken. Or both.

Anyway, I have another quick question(you might not know it though). How the heck do I make bookshelves safe? All containers except for bookshelves seems to be immune to the resetinterior command.

Glad you fixed it.

:/ Turns out I was wrong about being wrong. I just did a reset and all of the enemies respawned for some reason. And also annoying, the items I placed that were supposed to respawn did not.

The more I use the CK, the more I think that it's just loaded with bugs and broken scripts. Or maybe it's just Skyrim itself that is broken. Or both.

Anyway, I have another quick question(you might not know it though). How the heck do I make bookshelves safe? All containers except for bookshelves seems to be immune to the resetinterior command.

The enemies shouldn't respawn, so I'm not sure what that issue is. The CK is pretty buggy though.

And I'm afraid I don't know about bookshelves. They're not checked respawn right?