Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

The enemies shouldn't respawn, so I'm not sure what that issue is. The CK is pretty buggy though.

And I'm afraid I don't know about bookshelves. They're not checked respawn right?

Yeah, the respawn flag is off and the encounter zone is even set to noresetzone.

idk, it seems like stuff doesn't behave as it should at times. Like yesterday I messed up a navmesh and fixed it, but the game would not recognize it as fixed. I had to delete all of the changes in TES5Edit just to fix it. The people that made TES5Edit deserve an award because it seems to be an essential tool for modding, which is sad on Bethesda's part. Did they actually make the game with the CK?

Ok that turned into a rant lol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The enemies shouldn't respawn, so I'm not sure what that issue is. The CK is pretty buggy though.

And I'm afraid I don't know about bookshelves. They're not checked respawn right?

Yeah, the respawn flag is off and the encounter zone is even set to noresetzone.

idk, it seems like stuff doesn't behave as it should at times. Like yesterday I messed up a navmesh and fixed it, but the game would not recognize it as fixed. I had to delete all of the changes in TES5Edit just to fix it. The people that made TES5Edit deserve an award because it seems to be an essential tool for modding, which is sad on Bethesda's part. Did they actually make the game with the CK?

Ok that turned into a rant lol

I don't believe so. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm fairly certain they didn't.

In the Quest Objectives tab, I know you can add conditions to the objectives. If I add a condition, say, a GlobalGetValue of my global UseMarkers and make it equal 1, if that is false will it just disable the quest marker or the entire objective? If the latter, is there a way to just disable the marker aside from not using a marker at all? I'd like to have an option for there to be quest markers, but I'm not sure if this will work since I still want the objectives themselves to exist.

Does anybody have an answer for this?

edit: quoted the wrong post.

I don't know of a mod but the hostility is caused by this tiny bit of scripting in the playervampirequest:

;/ REMOVING HATE ON LEVEL 4 VAMPIRE
			;All NPCs  hate the evil Vampire
			Game.GetPlayer().AddtoFaction(VampirePCFaction)
			Game.GetPlayer().SetAttackActorOnSight()

int cfIndex = 0
			Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: DLC1CrimeFactions = " + DLC1CrimeFactions)
			Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: CrimeFactions before = " + CrimeFactions)
			CrimeFactions = DLC1CrimeFactions
			Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: CrimeFactions after = " + CrimeFactions)
   			while (cfIndex < CrimeFactions.GetSize())
         		Debug.Trace("VAMPIRE update: Setting enemy flag on " + CrimeFactions.GetAt(cfIndex))
        		(CrimeFactions.GetAt(cfIndex) as Faction).SetPlayerEnemy()
        		cfIndex += 1
    		endwhile
			/;

The script for undoing all of this when the player drinks blood is still in place, so all you really have to do is add the script above to, say, a spell that only takes effect when the player is at stage 4 vampirism and it should return the vanilla functionality.

I have no clue about scripting or modding. This does not help me at all, sorry :/

Question I just thought up, relating to my earlier comment about the broken navmesh. If I merge multiple cells, do I need to finalize all of the connected cells one at a time to get the new navmesh to work?

What exactly do you mean by merging multiple cells?

In the Quest Objectives tab, I know you can add conditions to the objectives. If I add a condition, say, a GlobalGetValue of my global UseMarkers and make it equal 1, if that is false will it just disable the quest marker or the entire objective? If the latter, is there a way to just disable the marker aside from not using a marker at all? I'd like to have an option for there to be quest markers, but I'm not sure if this will work since I still want the objectives themselves to exist.

It turns out it affects the quest markers, not the objective itself, so everything is good.

Ok that pretty much answers the second question. I want my home(a dungeon) to reset so I can have more mushrooms, but I don't want creatures to respawn.

With the first question I'm just trying to understand what happens to a cell if its encounter zone is set to "none". Is the encounter zone determined by some master setting?

Just stumbled upon the answer in a thread I was reading. Here it is:

Reference

So the answer is that having a NONE encounter zone will cause it to reset/respawn.

Would you happen to know anything about how to make Skyrim's weight scale work on a custom race? It would be easy to make two different models for this purpose (they would be similar to the existing malebody_x models Skyrim uses for vanilla races), but how do you get the Creation Kit to recognize them?