Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Ok that pretty much answers the second question. I want my home(a dungeon) to reset so I can have more mushrooms, but I don't want creatures to respawn.

With the first question I'm just trying to understand what happens to a cell if its encounter zone is set to "none". Is the encounter zone determined by some master setting?

Just stumbled upon the answer in a thread I was reading. Here it is:

Reference

So the answer is that having a NONE encounter zone will cause it to reset/respawn.

Ok, that's what I was thinking. But then that makes we wonder how it handles levels. My guess would be that an encounter zone set to none adjusts its levels to the player level everytime it resets.

And by merging cells, I meant merging the navmesh boundaries of exterior cells. Even though it makes the green line, which would indicate that NPCs will travel between cells, I'm thinking that I might need to finalize each cell individually to make the game recognize it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok that pretty much answers the second question. I want my home(a dungeon) to reset so I can have more mushrooms, but I don't want creatures to respawn.

With the first question I'm just trying to understand what happens to a cell if its encounter zone is set to "none". Is the encounter zone determined by some master setting?

Just stumbled upon the answer in a thread I was reading. Here it is:Reference

So the answer is that having a NONE encounter zone will cause it to reset/respawn.

Ok, that's what I was thinking. But then that makes we wonder how it handles levels. My guess would be that an encounter zone set to none adjusts its levels to the player level everytime it resets.

And by merging cells, I meant merging the navmesh boundaries of exterior cells. Even though it makes the green line, which would indicate that NPCs will travel between cells, I'm thinking that I might need to finalize each cell individually to make the game recognize it.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the navmesh, but hopefully someone else better at navmeshing can.

Another question of my own: Is this spell possible to create?

It erects a wall of fire around the caster that does increasing damage the longer it's up, but also drains your magicka at an increased rate the longer the spell is held.

I've never used magic effects/spells that often so I'd like to know how difficult this would be.

Another question of my own: Is this spell possible to create?

It erects a wall of fire around the caster that does increasing damage the longer it's up, but also drains your magicka at an increased rate the longer the spell is held.

I've never used magic effects/spells that often so I'd like to know how difficult this would be.

Alright apparently it's possible. I'll post the scripts/how I did it when I'm finished for future reference.

That actually sounds like a really awesome spell. I'd like to see that done with an impassable wall, and at the same time it would heal anyone inside of it. I can just imagine a druid doing that with a wall of vines and healing the group(sounds like an MMO spell though).

It's for my WIP (see my signature).

I don't think I'll do the healing to avoid being OP, but I could see about staggering enemies based on a random chance should they touch the flames.

• Make sure to Finalize your Navmesh. In order for exterior Navmeshes to finalize correctly, the verts on the borders of each cell must be aligned with corresponding verts in the adjacent cell. A green edge indicates that a connection has been made.

I think you should probably finalize it, even if there's a green edge.

I'm running Realvision ENB, but I'm rather impressed with Project ENB. Problem is the author didn't show the specs required for Project ENB

I can run Realvision ENB with give or take half the settings active and consistently run at around 30-40 fps.

Anyone know the specific specs required for Project ENB?

When I am a stage 4 vampire, npcs attack me, but guards attack the npcs. Does anybody know how to fix this? I disabled all mods and addons for testing and it still happens.

Are you testing on a savegame that previously had Dawnguard or a mod that affects vampires active?