Fishing Academy

Guest Plugin Manager

• 10 months later...
In response to post #19431584.

zelurker wrote: I quickly tested this, I can't find the boat in Gnaar mok ! From the readme the guy is supposed to be called urgo ? Well no urgo guy in sight... !
I can reach it by water walking but it's pretty far, and the boat ride seemed fun...

Same here, Urgo should be placed by the script that initialises everything, on the opposite side of the regular boat dock. The dock is there as placed with the world editor, but neither the boat nor Urgo are there. It was so frustrating and disappointing looking to find a way to the island, without spoiling myself by reading to the letter instructions :(

I found that one way to fix it, is executing the respective console commands:
placeitemcell "gm_ship01", "Bitter Coast Region" -66791, 28613, 40, 90
placeitemcell "fish_gm", "Bitter Coast Region" -66571, 28613, 15, -90

Or,
set "exist01" to 0
set "exist02" to 0
startscript fish_init

The former just places the boat at the appropriate location, then adds Urgo, while the latter sets the two variables used to determine whether or not the ship, and Urgo have been created. The bug may stem from using rather generic variable names (exist01 and exist02), instead of something more unique to this mod.

This mod also conflicts with Clothiers of Vvardenfell in a non game breaking way, in that one of its vendor islands clips into Urgo's boat dock, but the boat can still be used to travel to the fishing academy.

I'm looking very much forward trying this tonight, every game with fishing is a great game :D Edited by nfz

• 1 year later...

Thaaank you for uploading this! This was my all time favorite mod back in the day! Don't ask me why, you could hardly find a more boring thing to do in real life, never mind in videogames, than fishing haha. But whatever, I think it's more that I got a real usable boat. And you could get the bigger ship eventually and live off of it, and sail it around the coasts of Vvardenfell like a proper pirate.

Anyway! Thanks again for doing the upload

• 1 year later...
So the chance of this being answers, and maybe even fixed, are about zero but doesn't hurt to ask. Now back in the day, this had little to no conflict on it's placement. Now that TR has come so far, the two mods are now sharing some real estate. What are the odds of getting some sort of compatibility patch? I would settle for even just dragging the whole thing a few cells to the east so it's not overlapping with TR landmass.

• 5 months later...

whenever i try to start a new game i get this error and the game crashes : Expression Error Unable to find cell id "fishing Academy, Submarine docking station" in script sub_create_script01

Do you use MGE-XE or MGE 3.8.2-rev 178 and haven't deactivated the internal MWSE (MWSE 0.9.2a is the latest)?

Or do you just use the latest MWSE without the update that was released a couple of years ago.

In response to post #67660961.

leonardo2 wrote:

whenever i try to start a new game i get this error and the game crashes : Expression Error Unable to find cell id "fishing Academy, Submarine docking station" in script sub_create_script01

Do you use MGE-XE or MGE 3.8.2-rev 178 and haven't deactivated the internal MWSE (MWSE 0.9.2a is the latest)?

Or do you just use the latest MWSE without the update that was released a couple of years ago.

i don"t have either of those

In response to post #67660961. #67662516 is also a reply to the same post.

leonardo2 wrote:

nirvanaguy15 wrote: i don"t have either of those

Could you post your mod list? Ideally in load order using Wrye Mash or mlox? Failing that from the bottom of morrowind.ini

If you're running Tamriel Rebuilt it could be that mod, according to
. Basically Tamriel Rebuilt loads after Fishnig Academy and ovewrites the landscape changes FA makes, so the FA scripts can't find the cells referred to.

In response to post #67660961. #67662516, #67663756 are all replies on the same post.

leonardo2 wrote:

nirvanaguy15 wrote: i don"t have either of those
Dragon32 wrote: Could you post your mod list? Ideally in load order using Wrye Mash or mlox? Failing that from the bottom of morrowind.ini

If you're running Tamriel Rebuilt it could be that mod, according to
. Basically Tamriel Rebuilt loads after Fishnig Academy and ovewrites the landscape changes FA makes, so the FA scripts can't find the cells referred to.

is there a way to copy and paste my mod list from wrye mash?

• 1 month later...
In response to post #62944361.

regilover wrote: So the chance of this being answers, and maybe even fixed, are about zero but doesn't hurt to ask. Now back in the day, this had little to no conflict on it's placement. Now that TR has come so far, the two mods are now sharing some real estate. What are the odds of getting some sort of compatibility patch? I would settle for even just dragging the whole thing a few cells to the east so it's not overlapping with TR landmass.

I made a patch, and I made a separate patch for OpenMW

OG morrowind: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46506 (Better quest scripting)

OpenMW: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46526 (Smoother ride)

If you are having placement issues and have TR installed then try out one of these patches depending on which EXE you use.
Personally I'm an OpenMW guy now.