The way they walk

ell46

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but can anyone do something about the way female characters walk, my character looks as if she's carrying an invisible melon under each arm and in battle runs in a crouched position, I mean come on if it was for real no one would run crouched like that, it looks stupid.

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but can anyone do something about the way female characters walk, my character looks as if she's carrying an invisible melon under each arm and in battle runs in a crouched position, I mean come on if it was for real no one would run crouched like that, it looks stupid.

I absolutely agree! The women walk like men :sad:

Like all in wrestlers, arms and legs akimbo. It's as if they used the same model for the female as the male, probably to save work and money.

I'm not so bothered by the walk, as I am the run.

In some instances, I actually LIKE the walk. Strutting into the landsmeet like I own the place, for example. Its like "Yeah Loghain, I'm here to take you Down".

The combat run, is completely bad. Not just because your character looks VERY stupid running hunched over and looking like they are trying to carry a barrel, but also because it's SLOW. I dont know how many times my warriors have lost kills to the party members because they get to an enemy faster than I, because they run faster.

Tho I do have to mention that remaking animations not only requires a LOT of skill, but in this game, is a tremendous amount of work.

See, each animation is keyed to a body. Because of the fact that each body is made of up 5 pieces and those bodies are REPLACED by gloves, armor, boots, that would mean that EACH piece of armor, EACH boot set, EACH set of gloves would have to have the animations put into them.

So... for instance if I were to (NOT That I know how, just using myself as an example) change the animation for the run... I would use a dummy in the 3d prog to simulate the female player. After getting those animations to work to satisfaction, I'd have to insinuate them into a femme body. 5 times.

Then insinuate those animations into each and every piece of armor in the game. :sad:

It would be totally different if BW had made the armors as layers, which just went on top of the existing body model. But nooooooo.......

Though I do feel the combat walk looks awkward when you're going long distance (looking for that one lone archer lost somewhere around the corner), I do feel the walk is "realistic" in the sense that it gives off the impression that they're braced for combat.

Yes, one thing about the female walk is, though I know most of these female characters are powerful warriors who could tear my arms off and beat me to death with them, it annoys me when I see a character like Morrigan doing the walk, totally destroys her sultry allure (and the way she stands for that matter).

And yes I realize they probably just gave them all the same stance and walk for the sake of not spending time and money for such a small thing.

Darkwolf - I hate to see women portrayed as 'well ard', I prefer women to appear feminine but actually be 'well ard' when they have to be, but I would hate it if I had to watch my character mince around like Anora :sick: . Thank you for the explanation, I figured it would be something complicated.

marbatico - I agree about the 2 handed sword, I've seen real 2 handed swords of 'yore' in the museum in London, I'm 5' 4' and they are taller than me, I can't even begin to imagine how they could have even been used by men, let alone women. Wish I hadn't seen them now :laugh:

HAHAH!! Boodica used a pretty huge sword.. probably as large...but then she was a powerful warrior and somehow I think she'd dwarf your 5'4 height... and make me look like a mite beside her.. I'm 2 inches shorter yet.. wouldn't even want to TRY to wield one of those... yes .yes.. I know women are not weak.. but good god!! we're NOT as strong as men.. we weigh less than half what most men do.. are smaller.. but we are NOT weak.. we have speed and quickness.. incredible flexibility and an athletic and lithe woman can easily outmanouver and outfight a much stronger slower man.. women excell with lighter weapons Tomoe Gozen was considered an incomparable warrior.. not only in her skill but her beauty.. she had only one equal.. the man she married.. he married her because she was the only woman he ever found who he could call worthy of him.. no other woman was his equal.. he wanted for no less than such.. she was a master swordswoman. but the weapons of choice for this woman was the Yumi and a weapon exclusively developed for women... although employed by men as well but in the hands of a skilled woman the Naginata was never deadlier.light.. quick strong.. as agile as the woman wielding it.. women can easily use swords.. knives.. many other weapons... but I think weapons exclusively mastered by women should be used in the game especially for women. Extra stats to light weapons when employed by a woman.. no.. we are NOT as strong as a man.. but we are quicker.. and our small size and quickness makes us a lot harder to hit.

afraid that I'm not familiar with this term "well ard". You mean, like buff (not to be confused with butch)?

Animations have always been difficult, and complicated. Complicated is perhaps a bad word if your familiar with how to do them (which I'm not, so they are complicated) and take a while to do.

I wish it werent so. I wish I had the knowledge and skill to do them. Theres a few new ones I'd love to throw into the game.

Yeah, the thing about the greatswords is annoying. That issue is actually less about the animations than it is the weapon placement/size. There was a thread about that, a while back.

afraid that I'm not familiar with this term "well ard". You mean, like buff (not to be confused with butch)?

Ard is actually hard. I suppose it means the same as buff, but if your really 'hard' you sound 'harder' by dropping the 'h' so it becomes 'ard' :laugh: :laugh: What's that thing 'it ain't what you say but the way that you say it at least that seems to be the philosophy of the bottom feeders that roam the streets of some towns and cities'.

It's like you said previously, about walking into the Landsmeet, the walk screams, don't mess with me I'm well ard, personally I prefer surprise, to look sweet then when they really annoy me turn well ard and give them a good kicking or drubbing as Alistair puts it.

I do wish that BW had taken into account that women play these games and it would be nice to be a warrior with women sized weapons and dual weapons seems ideal. After a couple of play throughs I didn't like to see my character with a two handed sword, it just doesn't look right and I don't really want to be a rogue, I like getting stuck in up close and personal not back stabbing, just slogging it out. Perhaps I've been listening to Zev for too long, because I often finish a fight thinking, I killed more than all of you put together, putting them on hold help. I've tried ranged weapons and been a mage and I find it so hard to stay at a distance.