Roberts Male Body Problem

Just use BSA Redirection. Set "BSA Redirection" in OBMM. You do not need to go through all of those convoluted steps. That was pre the later versions of OBMM, and that is no longer a problem for this user.

BSA redirection doesn't always work... for example in this case it doesn't work. Redirection works well if only textures are replaced, but it doesn't do anything for meshes.

That is not true. I am running over 400 mods. Plenty of them replace meshes, and I only use BSA Redirection.

BSAs and Archive invalidation <-- read the links, that makes no sense because archive invalidation does not distinguish between types of data files

Good for you, but It is true based on my experience with it, and I'm running 250+ mods. The bug with the archive invalidation system means things don't work the same for everyone; in my case redirection had no effect on Robert's Male Body v5. Either way, the ArchiveInvalidation.txt should work for him and if that one mod is all he ever uses it for, he won't need to try anything else.

Just use BSA Redirection. Set "BSA Redirection" in OBMM. You do not need to go through all of those convoluted steps. That was pre the later versions of OBMM, and that is no longer a problem for this user.

BSA redirection doesn't always work... for example in this case it doesn't work. Redirection works well if only textures are replaced, but it doesn't do anything for meshes.

That is not true. I am running over 400 mods. Plenty of them replace meshes, and I only use BSA Redirection.

BSAs and Archive invalidation <-- read the links, that makes no sense because archive invalidation does not distinguish between types of data files

Good for you, but It is true based on my experience with it, and I'm running 250+ mods. The bug with the archive invalidation system means things don't work the same for everyone; in my case redirection had no effect on Robert's Male Body v5. Either way, the ArchiveInvalidation.txt should work for him and if that one mod is all he ever uses it for, he won't need to try anything else.

You probably need to reset BSA timestamps or something. I have not heard of it not working for anyone. Please, try using OBMM's reset BSA timestamps function with BSA Redirection. Archive invalidation does not distinguish between data file types, so your bug is somewhere else. I think you came to the wrong conclusion because you did not know what else to test... This user's problem is resolved on that front. Yours is not, however. You can change that if you are willing...

Edit: wording

The OP's problem hasn't been resolved yet, that's why I gave my solution. And mine is working fine now, so why would I resort to a different hack?

Updating archive invalidation your way is more tedious (since you do not have to do any updating the other way.) If you do not mind the extra upkeep, and you do not want to try doing it the more common way, that's on you... That's my reason.

It isn't tedious... all I have to do is open OBMM, and close it... which I do when I'm adding a new mod anyway. As for setting it up, they're the same; both redirection and alteration are radio buttons on the same screen. Just because I spelled it out step by step doesn't make it any harder. Just let the OP try it for himself instead of adding more clutter to this thread.

• 8 months later...

Edit: Nevermind, you are not reading the information I provided anyway...and you gave false information about the other method.

I'd like to say three things.

First and foremost, Tomlong is a jerk.

Second, sorry for thread necromancy.

Third, I want to thank barcibus for fixing the same problem I had as the OP

• 9 years later...

I unzipped Roberts Male Body Replace V5 and placed all the necassary SLAth Nude Files into my Data on Oblivion (foot, hand, lowerbody, upperbody) but for some strange reason the replacments aren't showing up. The Readme isn't very detailed on what I'm supposed to do so could someone please help me?

Assuming you put every file into the right place, then this is an archive invalidation problem; the same thing happened with me. The problem is that there's a bug in the game that makes it so sometimes it won't use replacement meshes/textures found in the data folder, and instead uses the default ones found in the original .bsa files.

To fix it, you need to do one of two things: 1) create an "ArchiveInvalidation.txt" file in your oblivion folder (1 step up from the Data folder), OR use OBMM to do archive alteration.

The simplest step is the first so just create a text file in your oblivion folder, name it "ArchiveInvalidation.txt" (without quotes). Open it and paste the following text:

meshes/characters/_male/upperbody.nif

meshes/characters/_male/lowerbody.nif

meshes/characters/_male/hand.nif

meshes/characters/_male/foot.nif

meshes/clothes/lowerclass/05/m/shoes.nif

meshes/clothes/lowerclass/08/m/shoes.nif

textures/characters/argonian/male/footmale.dds

textures/characters/darkelf/male/footmale.dds

textures/characters/dremora/male/footmale.dds

textures/characters/imperial/male/footmale.dds

textures/characters/imperial/male/groinmale.dds

textures/characters/orc/male/footmale.dds

textures/characters/darkelf/headdarkelf.dds

textures/characters/imperial/headhuman.dds

Save it, go into the game and check to see if your character is fully nude (when you remove clothing of course).

For a better solution, I suggest the OBMM method since it will work for any mod you use down the line. It doesn't matter if you install mods manually or with OMODs... OBMM can handle it for you. What it does is edit the .bsa files so the game can't find the older default meshes/textures, so it is forced to use the new ones in the data folder.

-You may want to back up the original game .bsa files in your data folder. OBMM will edit these and even though it can undo the edits, it is better to be safe than sorry.

-Delete the ArchiveInvalidation.txt you created (Oblivion folder, 1 up from the Data folder)

-Open OBMM, click on the Utilities button on the right.

-Select the "Archive Invalidation" option and a small window pops up.

-Check the "BSA Alteration" option at the top (under Mode)

-Check Textures and Meshes under the "File types to include", check any other types off.

-Make sure "Generate archiveinvalidation entries on hash collision" is checked under "Other options"

-Click the "Update now" button.

That's it, you can close the pop up window (X at top right corner), however first you may want to check the "Autoupdate on exit" option so that OBMM runs this every time it shuts down, otherwise you will have to use the "Update now" button every time you add a mod that swaps meshes or textures (mods that add new textures/meshes instead of replacing won't have a problem).

The earlier Robert's Male Body uploads included the ArchiveInvalidation.txt (you can find it in version 3 for example), and that file would work even after updating to v4 and v5, so maybe some folks have been upgrading all this time and never had the problem.

excuse me but I was reading what you said and tried to do the archive validation and copy the texts, which I did but when I went back in the game the underwear was still there but except it was all black

Those steps apply to an old depreciated method of archive invalidation. As TomLong pointed out the only method of archive invalidation to consider is BSA Redirection.

The most common reason for having trouble getting BSA Redirection to work is caused by Steam's insistence to change the dates on the vanilla game BSA files (e.g. Oblivion - Meshes.bsa and Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa) to a modern file date. OBMM provides a simple way to fix that ... start OBMM then it's Utilities -> Archive Invalidation -> select BSA Redirection -> click on Reset BSA Timestamps -> click on Update Now -> close OBMM -> done.

A note on the OP's problem (which may or may not apply to you) ... if you are wanting the nude lower body with trimmed tackle you will need to rename the file lowerbodyCircumcised.nif to lowerbody.nif after you have copy/pasted it into Data\Meshes\Characters\_male (so you wind up with Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\lowerbody.nif NOT Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\lowerbodyCircumcised.nif).

Miss that step and you'll continue to see your good old underwear.

Edited by Striker879