Horse Shoes for skyrim

macrads

Hello community

I was looking for a mod where you can smith your own horse shoes which will give player’s horses certain benefits. Searched on the Nexus for such a mod with no success, so I was planning to make one.

Now, I’m no experienced mod maker, so my question is obviously, how come this has never been done before after all this time, is it because it is technically impossible with creation kit or is it simply not worth all the work?

I checked on CK and no meshes or textures are present, so I was thinking to use Blender to make them, is that a good 3D tool?

Also, is it possible to mount horse shoes on player’s horse? How, through scripts?

Thanks for any insights.

Hello community

I was looking for a mod where you can smith your own horse shoes which will give players horses certain benefits. Searched on the Nexus for such a mod with no success, so I was planning to make one.

Now, Im no experienced mod maker, so my question is obviously, how come this has never been done before after all this time, is it because it is technically impossible with creation kit or is it simply not worth all the work?

I checked on CK and no meshes or textures are present, so I was thinking to use Blender to make them, is that a good 3D tool?

Also, is it possible to mount horse shoes on players horse? How, through scripts?

Thanks for any insights.

Yes, it would be possible. 3DSMax or Blender is your best bet. It's making the shoes appear on the horse once they're on that would be hardest I think.

its possible. The reason why nobody has done it yet is probably because its allways work to do it and there are probably not manny people that would use it.

Best bet to attach the shoes would be either an OnHitEffectArtObject attached to some bone near the foot (so they are technically spells) or to eddit the saddle meshes and skinn the shoes to the foot of the horse. Considireing that you would want to add/remove the shoes as a player interaction and so on i would sugest the magicHitEffct (atleast thats what i would do since i know somewhat how to do that^^)

You need belnder/3ds max to make/edit the models (or find someone that allready made one and use that) and NifSkope for the rest + CK to integrate everything into the game ofc

Edited by mastabenja

Already a mesh for it out there, it will need to be fitted and rigged still:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45540/?

Indeed most people do not care about horses even if its a big overhaul or lots of content. (is actually working on somthing like this, you can see some horse pictures in my gallery, note they have almost no views and votes lol).

Edited by nivea

Indeed most people do not care about horses even if its a big overhaul or lots of content. (is actually working on somthing like this, you can see some horse pictures in my gallery, note they have almost no views and votes lol).

there you go... should take you maybe a few houres to get the basic done and depending on what player interaction you want with "shooing" (is this even a word?) the horse another few to finish it up^^

btw nivea that horse mod would cause problems with a lot of other horse mods wouldnt it? like what about Convenient horses? Would the saddles fit your horses? i uess they are skinned and stuff but they would look somehwta deformed right? and what about the player riding a skinny horse? wouldnt the characte hoover over the horse? Well ok i guess its attached to the saddlebone or something but the legs of the character? do you have screens of that?^^

there you go... should take you maybe a few houres to get the basic done and depending on what player interaction you want with "shooing" (is this even a word?) the horse another few to finish it up^^

btw nivea that horse mod would cause problems with a lot of other horse mods wouldnt it? like what about Convenient horses? Would the saddles fit your horses? i uess they are skinned and stuff but they would look somehwta deformed right? and what about the player riding a skinny horse? wouldnt the characte hoover over the horse? Well ok i guess its attached to the saddlebone or something but the legs of the character? do you have screens of that?^^

Nope 100% good with CH, it was made around it. It is skinned (those are sample ones, aka fast done lol) which means saddles would need to be refit for different horse breeds (which I am doing) characters do not hover because the saddles are the same heights but refit to the horses so there is no clipping or "floating" saddles. Legs might float alittle bit, but I can fix that by editing saddles.

The black horse is a super thin horse breed (might be 2nd thinnest on nexus atm), the black and white is a huge horse breed (larger then vanilla), and the tan is almost vanilla size.

Horses are like normal human NPC, they use biped slots and since the normal horses only take up two slots (32 and 45) that leaves a huge amount to work with.

I have the mod already and set up in my game, I can make saddles (or horseshoes) then equip it to a horse using a lovely scripted inventory mod that cdcooley made for me (I can not script).

wait horses have equip slots? lol ^^ man why the hell did i do all the work with my mod... every day i find something that wants me to completly redo it XD

oh btw gimme that inventory mod?

btw gimme the saddle meshes once yu are somewhat done with them so we can have tiny lanterns on tiny horses?

Edited by mastabenja

wait horses have equip slots? lol ^^ man why the hell did i do all the work with my mod... every day i find something that wants me to completly redo it XD

oh btw gimme that inventory mod?

btw gimme the saddle meshes once yu are somewhat done with them so we can have tiny lanterns on tiny horses?

I dunno if the light source would work on that though, I sadly do not know anything about those kind of items lol. Will it even work on a rigged item?

Thank you guys.

I'll check out those meshes.

I'm still confused on how to fit them on players horse. I don't think you can use the slots.

@nivea that inventory script you have, could it also be used to shoe (equip) horses?

Btw it's correct to say "shoeing" :)

Thank you guys.

I'll check out those meshes.

I'm still confused on how to fit them on players horse. I don't think you can use the slots.

@nivea that inventory script you have, could it also be used to shoe (equip) horses?

Btw it's correct to say "shoeing" :smile:

I have some in game for my horses so yes it can be, and will be included in my mod.

Horses do use slots, its how I get them to wear items.

The shoes will need to be fit and rigged to the horse, you will need to do this in Blender/3D Max.