Need a mod trailer? I need practice. (Open collaborative offer)

dwellufool

Semester/internship have started. I'll take requests, but if you have something bigger in mind, we can talk about about it via email. Looking for something new to flex the things I've been learning~

Intro

Been a user for a while now, but I've never completed a mod. I still think about how I can give back to the community, so I figure I can help creators with something I'm actually decent at: video making/editing!

What I offer

Free gameplay based mod trailer creation/editing and video distribution help (maximizing adsense revenue if it's for a personal channel) + getting the video (and thus the mod) spread around the interwebs.

How it'd work

Email me ([email protected]) with the mod desc and what you want the video to be (cinematic, light-hearted, humorous, etc). We can skype or email details. If we agree, I'll take whatever version of the mod you have+your input and make the video.

(Note: I don't need you to tell me exactly how the video should be made, but I'm not opposed to creative input.)

It'd take a few days to a week to complete depending on my own schedule at the time.

Why I'm doing this/what I get out of it

I'm an unhappy film student, and happy-but-tired intern at a 3am-8am morning news show. I wanted to get more hands on experience with class, but I only get occasional useful bits of information from narrow examples.

I really want my next step to be independent trailer related work for the sake of experience and building a portfolio for the future.

I won't ask for payment. All I'd require is that you allow me to put a linked credit at the end of the video.

Examples/Closing/Contact

I'll be operating on first-come-first serve. Less cumbersome is a preference, but I'd love to take on a large quest mod or narrative related mod.

My Work Examples:

Teaser: Vortex of Time by mlee3141

Trailer: Screenshot Hotkeys (SHOT) by Matthiaswag

My Youtube Channel

Any mod excluding non-sarcastic sex mods are viable. Videos can be posted wherever you like. My super professional email is [email protected]

I love you all very much,

dwellufool/ClumsySaunter

Edited by dwellufool

Really? I saw your example for another Skyrim mod, and I would be more than happy for you to make a cinematic/ theatrical trailer for my upcoming mod, Vortex of Time. Don't worry about the voice acting for the trailer, I've already got some good VAs on board, and the Trailer Script is all written out. If you're willing, I'll send you the script, along with detailed instructions on Trailer Design concepts. Of course, the actual filming will have to wait until I finish getting the questline into the game, and my Level Designer finishes most of the dungeons, as well as the island of Vvardenfell, but that will be done in due time. Additional details about the project can be found below. Thanks!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1873000-project-development-for-vortex-of-time/&do=findComment&comment=16206695

Edited by mlee3141

I'm going to be uploading another mod tomorrow, called Simple Rent.

Simple Rent is a very straightforward mod that makes the player pay weekly dues for owning horses and houses. Despite the basic idea, it has a lot of features, most of which come from its huge customizability. You can set the time between rent days, from anywhere to every in-game day or every in-game month. You can change the cost of owning a horse or a house, from 5 gold to 2000, and much, much, more. Plus there's a handy guidebook that's given to you in-game.Simple Rent adds to the immersion of the game immensely, and gives a lore-friendly way of keeping down the massive amount of gold the Dovahkiin tends to collect.

Anyway, if you're interested in doing yet another great trailer for me once it's uploaded that would be great, but it's fine if you don't have the time or don't want to.

Thanks again.

Oh, what's up guys. Didn't see your replies. Easiest way to get me is the [email protected] thing. I won't be coming back to this thread normally unless I ran out of things to do.

Lol why not, I'll try to get you a early access esp and BSA for Discworld and see what you can do :smile:

Probably be around sept 10th or so

I dig, shoot me an email when it's up!

Simple Rent is a very straightforward mod that makes the player pay weekly dues for owning horses and houses. Despite the basic idea, it has a lot of features, most of which come from its huge customizability. You can set the time between rent days, from anywhere to every in-game day or every in-game month. You can change the cost of owning a horse or a house, from 5 gold to 2000, and much, much, more. Plus there's a handy guidebook that's given to you in-game.Simple Rent adds to the immersion of the game immensely, and gives a lore-friendly way of keeping down the massive amount of gold the Dovahkiin tends to collect.

Anyway, if you're interested in doing yet another great trailer for me once it's uploaded that would be great, but it's fine if you don't have the time or don't want to.

Thanks again.

Sounds sweet! I like that concept a lot. I'll take that one on, but I've gotta update my OP for now.

For anyone who's asked, these should all be done between now and early September. I think I've got 3-4?.. maybe 5. All really interesting and fun, too. Thanks so much, everyone!

Edited by dwellufool

Oh, what's up guys. Didn't see your replies. Easiest way to get me is the [email protected] thing. I won't be coming back to this thread normally unless I ran out of things to do.

Lol why not, I'll try to get you a early access esp and BSA for Discworld and see what you can do :smile:

Probably be around sept 10th or so

I dig, shoot me an email when it's up!

Thanks again.

Sounds sweet! I like that concept a lot. I'll take that one on, but I've gotta update my OP for now.

For anyone who's asked, these should all be done between now and early September. I think I've got 3-4?.. maybe 5. All really interesting and fun, too. Thanks so much, everyone!

alright, great. Here's the link when you're up to it.

Just finished a teaser for mlee3141 and his team's upcoming mod Vortex of Time. Thanks for Ed Waldorph for the voicework. Shootin' it back to you, Matt.

I'll be able to reopen requests soon!

Edited by dwellufool

ya hit me up once you are open for requests again. I think i could use one for LOHS (nothing big, just a small one for the nexus page)

oh s#*!, just watched your trailers,,, I better get some more work done befor i get one

Edited by mastabenja