Voices of the Divines/Daedra too loud!

tshayter

Hello,

I've been looking around for a long time for such a mod to solve my issue but I haven't been able to find anything on the subject.

The main problem I have is with the Voice volume setting and the Daedra/Divine whatever god's speech being too loud.

If i have the slider bar loud enough for me to hear the general npc talk it makes it so that whenever one of the divines talks to me without them physically being there (like when you pick up Meridia's beacon or when Sheogorath chats to you while you're away from him doing his questline etc) they are tremendously loud.

If i have the slider bar so that the Daedra talk is at a good (and quieter) volume then I can hardly hear any other npc voice.

I'm constantly having to quickly pause the game and change the volume settings every time one of the Daedra chats to me and it's getting rather annoying. I can't find a mod anywhere that just makes the out-of-body daedra chat quieter.

I can't stress enough how annoying this is. I know that their voices would perhaps be louder generally than most because they're like gods or are speaking directly to your mind or whatever you want to explain it with but the fact is they are simply too loud and I wish they were not.

I wouldn't know how to fix this issue myself and I don't really want a mod that is a total audio overhall because i'm happy with everything else but if someone knows of a mod that solves this exact problem or is able to make one I would be very grateful.

Thanks for reading. It's doing my head in.

You'd have to edit the specific audio files to be less loud, which is a lot of work and for the rare occasions not really worth it really. Also I don't think they're too loud, sure they are loud but they are gods after all, they're supposed to have a thundering voice.

I understand it would most likely require tedious editing of each sound file but perhaps someone somewhere has done something that would produce the same end result.

I know they are supposed to have big thundering voices and whatnot but for a rough scale to explain, if the loudest sounds in the game are around 100 (like a dragon spewing magic at you or unsheathing your sword lol) the thundering daedra voices are at 200 easily.

Honestly, In comparison to any other sound in my game they are ridiculously too loud. On my game (and i don't have any mods to alter volume etc) it's really not a case of them being 'just a bit louder than normal voice volume'. I like to play the game with a high volume setting but when they talk i'm likely to get complaints from my neighbours - seriously!

I also get your point that they don't happen that often and i could simply just continue to just deal with it, without having done all the their questlines before i can't easily predict when one might appear and i just dislike having to frantically fumble with the volume settings back and forth each time they say something when there may be a fix somewhere on the internet:p

--

Edit: I've just tested this and the Daedra voice files are not attached to any specific volume slider in the options. They are not affected by the voice slider or effects or (surprisingly) fooststeps or music. The master setting affects them but that's it.

Obviously I was wrong in my first post about having the issue of altering the voice slider until they were quieter and rendering normal npc speach inaudiable but I was under the impression that those voice files came under the voice slider and must have just been mistaken and remembered wrong.

Perhaps there is another way to change their volume considering they are not attached to the other voice files on that slider setting?

Edited by tshayter

You'd have to edit the specific audio files to be less loud, which is a lot of work and for the rare occasions not really worth it really. Also I don't think they're too loud, sure they are loud but they are gods after all, they're supposed to have a thundering voice.

Batch edit them. Perhaps something like this would work: http://www.thefreewindows.com/2177/batch-change-the-volume-of-wav-files-with-wav-normalizer/ Keep in mind I think this method might remove any dynamics between the different dialog as it says it normalizes the audio.

Except they aren't .wav files so you'd have to convert them to .wav one by one, decreasing the quality of the audio, normalize the audio, decreasing the quality of the audio and then convert them back again decreasing the audio quality even further.

I converted a high quality wav song to .xwm and it became incredibly shitty. Converting it back and forth the other way can only result in even worse quality.

Nope I work with audio all the time. Converting an inferior quality format to wave wont make it sound any worse. Mp3 to wave will have no loss in quality. Mp3 to wave to mp3 again will.

• 4 years later...

I realise this is a very old threa, however the divine voices are so overpoweringly loud its way out of balance with the rest of game.

The files need to be converted properly if you know what your doing there will be no loss of quality what so ever, I have the tools to do so but its a lot of work as each individual file needs converting editing then reconverting and correctly renaming. Then repacking into the original bsa voice file...If i get round to doing this i will create a sharable version for the mods section..so annoying when it was obviously never tested correctly to begin with....I have audio overhaul installed that doesnt touch these sound files..

The answer is alot of work , or use the master volume at a minimum as stated below by somebody else.but then its not ideal...if theres demand i be encouraged to sort and fix this for a SE mod.

If anyone knows if the files can be used loose without repacking back to the origianl bsa please get in touch with me as i am eager to learn this..

Cheers

zmd