Didn't there use to be a Save Game editor?

rwross

Hola...

Getting back into Modding after several years and I'm trying to remember 1/2 of what I knew...which probably wasn't that much.

Anyway...I seem to recall using an editor where I could edit a given save-game and tweak the settings therein, however I may just be remembering that from a different modding experience. So, question #1, is there a save game editor and if so where? 'Cause I haven't found it.

Second question is somewhat related in that I thought I solved for it by editing saving games, but perhaps not.

The question is how do I add a modded item to to the world using the player.additem console command. For example, if I wanted to add some more blackluster arrows, using the console command from the formid i find when clicking on the item within console does not work. The system responds that it couldn't parse the command which I take to mean it doesn't know what the item should be.

This would be useful in duplicating a number of armour pieces from various mods like Grys or Francesco to place on mannequins and such.

Any ideas?

thanks....

What do you mean by edit the save? Edit what? Player.AddItem takes the formID (object ID), but the ID you get when you click on an object in the world is the RefID. The ObjectID is the first two hex digits of a plugin's load order plus the last six digits of the base ID, which you can look up with TES4Edit or TESCS.

Example: If you have a plugin "A.esp", loading in position 0c (12 in decimal), that contains a sword "012af369" (the ID you would see when loading it by itself in TESCS or TES4Edit, the ID you need to use with that command would be "Player.AddItem 0c2af369 <some qty.>". (Do not forget the QTY parameter, the third parameter.)

Thanks...I'll give that a try.

Does everything count in the load order, as in Oblivion.esm or just the .esp files

To your first question...when I referred to save games, I was talking about, literally, save games the *.ess files?

Thanks again!!

Yes. What are you using to manage your mods? LOs have the hex digits of the plugins displayed. If you use OBMM: Import/Export > View Active Plugins List

I realize that, but what are you trying to edit, the name, what kind of data? There is only so much save utilities can do. The best save manager is Wrye Bash, but there are other utilities: TES IV Save Manager and Oblivion Save Manager v2. Wrye Bash aside, I have only used the former of the other two, but the latter is newer. If you like that one, could you tell me how you find it. I would like to list an alternative to using Bash here for users that do not want to try it: Programs & Utilities.

If you want to know more: Load Ordering

The question is how do I add a modded item to to the world using the player.additem console command. For example, if I wanted to add some more blackluster arrows, using the console command from the formid i find when clicking on the item within console does not work. The system responds that it couldn't parse the command which I take to mean it doesn't know what the item should be.

The player.additem console command does not work because the number that you get from clicking on an item while in debug mode is the number of the reference - those particular arrows right there. The additem requires that you give it the formid for the object type that you get when you look up the arrows in the weapons section in the Construction Set.

I've made some progress...thanks for the tips...couple of refining questions.

First, I couldn't find the view active plugins list that had things listed with the hex offset. I did find "view load order" which listed the mods but I had to manually calculate the hex equivalent...not a big deal but if there is an easier way, that would be great.

I also found the form id in the TESCS, but could only get it by hovering over the item and then trying to write it down before the hover timed out. I could not find an info window that listed the form ID for a given item...does any such window in the TESCS exist?

Again...much thanks...

I was not sure about the exact name of the OBMM function, nor did I remember whether or not it had the numbers. Wrye Bash does. In TESCS, there is a formID column for each record. You may need to expand it, but it is one of the columns that is visible for every sell. The columns are Name, Editor ID (EDID), FormID... I cannot remember the exact order, but just look for the column with eight hex digits in it.

First, I couldn't find the view active plugins list that had things listed with the hex offset. I did find "view load order" which listed the mods but I had to manually calculate the hex equivalent...not a big deal but if there is an easier way, that would be great.

I also found the form id in the TESCS, but could only get it by hovering over the item and then trying to write it down before the hover timed out. I could not find an info window that listed the form ID for a given item...does any such window in the TESCS exist?

Again...much thanks...

In TESCS, the item information list has the formid column - I think it is like the second or third actual column, but it is shrunk left so that you can't actually see the column's contents. You can grab the line on the side of the column header to expand the column enough to see the values.

When I am in-game and want to find out the load number for a particular mod so that I can use it as the first two numbers of my formid for additem, I will go into console and click on some object that I know comes from the mod that I want the number of. The first two digits of that item's formid are the two digits that I need.

Again...much thanks...

In TESCS, the item information list has the formid column - I think it is like the second or third actual column, but it is shrunk left so that you can't actually see the column's contents. You can grab the line on the side of the column header to expand the column enough to see the values.

When I am in-game and want to find out the load number for a particular mod so that I can use it as the first two numbers of my formid for additem, I will go into console and click on some object that I know comes from the mod that I want the number of. The first two digits of that item's formid are the two digits that I need.

RefIDs do not necessarily conform to load order, but...most do, in general...

RefIDs do not necessarily conform to load order, but...most do, in general...

I've not encountered that (nonconformance). What causes it?

Are you refering to the items created in game? (7f's)

Edited by Shadowfen