Missing textures with FWE

Delmac

I recently downloaded the mods Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition, Craft, and Calibr. After i installed all of the mods i started up the game, everything was working fine until i started noticing a lot of missing textures. The textures are only missing from the things that were added with the mods.

The Version of the Wanderers Edition was 5.0

I also downloaded the 5.02 patch

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Did ya toggle archive invalidation invalidated on in FOMM, it comes to mind with missing textures, but if you didn't toggle it, then you would get a whole bunch of big red blucko ! error's in game.

The other possible cause is you botched the install, which isn't hard to do, we make stupid mistakes even when we know what we are doing.

Then FWE isn't a joke when it comes to conflicting with other mods, which isn't a quality issue with FWE, just that the mod is so huge that it touches on everything in the game, making it conflict with everything else out there.

99.5% of the time none of the mods available were ever meant to work with other mods, because there is not many ways to standardize content, as well as provide quality control for mod when you create them. Folks do what they can, but this late in the game there just not much we can do. All of the end result stays with the end user. They pick the load order an which mods will be in it, so there is no way for us to know what a end user will use or in what order.

There is FOIP fallout inter operability patches, allowing mods to work together, but at best it's only a 75% solution, and that's only if you can figure out where to put them, along with figuring out where to put all the other stuff, which most mods won't tell you, or won't all work together. 4 of them say put them all at the end, which one ends up there though? Mind you the amount of time that it would take you to figure out all these "old rules" about load orders you could have already fixed it following the new rules with down an dirty hard work.

FOIP is generic patches for custom made load orders at best. Think of it this way, I'm going to make a FOIP patch an just take a wild guess what the end user will be using in their load order out of the 1,000,000 or so mods out there, along with the 100,000,000 people's load orders which are all different. This is also the reason why auto sorters or conflict detectors will never work, besides the obvious fact of needing to be updated every day, which is a waste of time.

That being said FWE probably needs 7 or more FOIP's in order to work with other mods, however if you only installed FWE it would work great, or only install mods the FWE read me said would work. This yeilds your 90% conflict free long game 3-4 hours. And would be your easy solution right now. However you could also just start working with smaller mods, so that you learn. FWE ain't no joke, besides touching on everything in the game, and being huge, it's made up of hundreds of tiny old single mods, just like any overhawl. Personally I find that the OverHawls are hard to work with, hard to fix because of the vast content. I prefer to work with little stuff an fix it a little at a time, or fix a overhawl then add little stuff to it. This only splits up the workload with FO3edit by many hours of game play when I'm testing.

Check these other recent posts me made as well as the pinned topics here on Nexus, I started out just reading tons of stuff on Nexus.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=201679

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=201773

• 1 year later...
I am new to FWE and downloaded version 6.0 with the 6.3 hotfix and followed all of the installation instructions. Then I found that there were a lot of missing PipBoy icons and funky weapon textures for a lot of the new weapons (M1 Garand, 9mm SMGs, etc.) as well as for the Explorer motorcycle. It's like the texture would change on the item depending on what my crosshair was centered on, but none of them were correct. This was true in FPV, TPV, and looking at objects in the world. I couldn't find a lot of help online until one person suggested going through the unzipped FWE files and verifying that all of the textures had copied correctly. I found that a ton of them were missing and ended up just copying the textures folder from the FWE unzip (I think especially Part 2) to my textures folder and it looks like it fixed everything! What a relief! I still haven't checked on the Explorer, but the weapons and PipBoy are now fully textured and functional.

• 1 month later...
just copying the textures folder from the FWE unzip (I think especially Part 2) to my textures folder and it looks like it fixed everything!

Yes, it worked for me! It fixes the motorcycle too. Thanks =)

• 9 years later...

Sorry for necroposting but I had the same issue with MO2, the second part of FWE wasn't extracted properly or maybe it's the 'merge' feature that is flawed I don't know, anyway I had to extract manually the second FWE archive, there were about 500MB of missing textures (motorcycle explorer, pipboy, etc).

Edited by mg79