Yngol Burrow Motes follower?

Kurzusseus

I was replaying the Yngol burrow quest with another character, and I remember that I always did like those

little hopping souls and how they would gather around me following me till the end. I then was curious

how they functioned and went into the creation kit to delve a little deeper.

I'll tell you something else I had planned, I wanted to see about having one follow me outside the dungeon

rather intentional or my character taking it by force. Anyway I went into the creation kit and if you yet to know

what I am talking about its this little soul right here.

http://i62.tinypic.com/voloc7.png

Now, my question is this. I'm going to be looking into the scripting, but with some other modders advice, how would I go

about making this thing follow me when I want it too? The plan is to use an empty black soul gem to seal away

one by use of a mod created spell (Seal soul orb.) Which will seal an orb inside an empty black soul IF it exists

in your inventory.

Unseal soul orb would set it free and by default it would follow you around. So I want some help or suggestions

with a script that detects if this soul orb is nearby, and it selects 1 only. Then it transfers, or disables that orb

when you cast seal soul orb and removes the empty black soul and replaces it with filled.

Unseal would undo this effect and make the little ball follow you by default until cast again. If the soul gem is

used while the orb is in it, then you would be unable to unseal it because its lost to the soul cairn.

Thanks in advance too whomever lists their script suggestion, you guys and gals are a lot of help here

on the Nexus and I really appreciate the help I get here.

hm intresting. The Mode is obviously a static object, that gets moved to the player via its script. The movement ends if the quest stage reaches 50 (dunYngolBarrowQST) or the "target" (player) dies.

So you want to disable this two first.

The object will probaby despawn if you change the cell (move to a different area) so you nee a script on the playerAlias (quest) to spawn this object everytime you enter an area (dunno right now need to look it up here Everything else should keep working (havoc etc.)

Im not sure why ther is a myHomeCell property that is filled with the barrow since it isnt use in the script...

the Spawn/release spells are trivial once you figured out how to spawn the object. Cant help with this

appentely they are somewhat easy to place: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/630938-handling-movablestatics-in-papyrus/

just make sure you delet them every time you leave a cell/unsummon them properly else they may fill up savegames

Edited by mastabenja

Well ideally I wanted to make a brand new Mote so I wouldn't have too mess with the quest data these were already attached too.

So making an entirely new mote, and copying their script but erasing the end stage 50 should basically do the trick.

I'll look into it spawning in a different cell whilst getting rid of the old, that appears to be more tricky. Thanks for the response.

If anyone else has some pointers, or a script that may function more appropriately, please post below. =)

Well ideally I wanted to make a brand new Mote so I wouldn't have too mess with the quest data these were already attached too.

So making an entirely new mote, and copying their script but erasing the end stage 50 should basically do the trick.

I'll look into it spawning in a different cell whilst getting rid of the old, that appears to be more tricky. Thanks for the response.

If anyone else has some pointers, or a script that may function more appropriately, please post below. =)

Well, for respawning them, do this:

Scriptname MyMoteRespawnScript Extends ReferenceAlias
{Attach this to a player alias in a dummy quest, or your quest if you have one.}

Actor Property MyMote Auto

Event OnLocationChange(Location akOldLoc, Location akNewLoc)

MyMote.MoveTo(Self)

EndEvent

You shouldn't need to delete the old one, you can just move it with you. Maybe. I'm not sure, I'm kind of tired right now so this might be completely wrong, but you can try it.

sounds nice. Now all I need is to work on is disabling my mote with a spell and re-enabling it with a spell so that I can get rid of him

when I'm annoyed with it following me. It shouldn't be hard, I've had experience with disabling before, but this would probably be the first

time I add a brand new spell with this function. I'll test out your script shortly, thanks for posting.