would someone be interested in making summonable demons from world of warcraft if i provided the models and textures?

nexuswrath

I have (edit) made models and textures for all the Warlock pets from wow. I've always wanted to be able to conjure them in skyrim and roam around like a true Warlock instead of a mere conjurer. If someone could at least assist me with the uv mapping and assigning of the textures, i could do a basic conjuration spell with the models using the animations for the atronochs and other npcs like the wolf animations for the felhunter. The files are in .obj and .dds for models and textures respectively (obviously) so if anyone is interested please let me know. I just want to be a contributor and not just a consumer on the nexus. Everyone does great work here and i want to be a part of that. Thank you for your time. Edited by nexuswrath

You'd be part of that by stealing the stuff from wow itself?

Way to go.

Ripping them is not the hard part, hard part is the fact that most communities shun ripped content. Especially something that is made by blizzard. And is related to wow.

AFAIK, certain mod had to be closed down because it was going to add similar assets into Skyrim.

explain why the nexus hasn't "shunned" the lich king armor and weapon mods that are so popular?

Because they've been created from scratch instead of having been ripped of course. Think otherwise? Don't complain about it here, but report the mod(s) in question to the site staff. Better be ready to back up your claims though.

I suggest giving this topic a read: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/377405-porting-content-from-other-games/

I understand the difference between porting and original creation of assets. I also know that the mods i mentioned were original renders and not ripped because of the quality, but that's also why i mentioned them. They are original work. But like i mentioned in my original post i intend to use skyrim character animations, i have to do that because i made static models. I would assume that if i had ripped or ported them from wow the animations would have come with them. But really all i wanted was help with textures, i don't know how to assign textures to the models.

The way you come off in the first post made me think you ripped the creatures from WOW and where looking for someone to put them in game for you, if thats not what you mean you should really edit your first post and say you made from the scratch and even post some pictures of them in the 3D program you do not need textures to do that. Even post some pictures of the hand made textures you made as well, that will help get interest.

But no WOW animations would not cover it you would have to rig them to Skyrim skeleton and use Skyrim animations (or make from scratch new animations and skeleton), so you can see why we would be confused needing Skyrim animations does not prove anything other then your putting it in Skyrim.