Morrowind Destroyed

galerionmystic

As a very long time Morrowind player, and a fan of all things Elder Scrolls fan. Make that Super Fan, I own multiple copies of Morrowind and Oblivion, on the Xbox Xbox 360 and PC. I am active in the mod community for both Morrowind and Oblivion. No joke I absolutely love this series.

*****Spoiler Alert******

So you can imagine my shock and deep sadness that in keeping with my Elder Scrolls lust I purchased and read the new Official Elder Scrolls novel "The Infernal City" . In the narrative of the novel it is revealed that the Ministry of Truth, the moon from the plane of oblivion is no longer being held above Vivec City and falls into the land. The resulting catastrophic impact essentially obliterates not just Vivec City but the entire island of Vvardenfall and the tidal wave wipes out most of Morrowind itself.

The immense implications of this apparently canonical and official development, is rivaled only by the silence from developers and fans of the Elder Scrolls series. I have searched for blog posts on the official forums and on external sites for any commentary or outrage at essentially the removal of Morrowind from the world of Elder Scrolls lore and Mundus. I have my theories as to why such a decision might have been made, regardless of the cause my sense of loss for the rich and vibrant world of Morrowind and its impact on future Elder Scrolls titles is massive.

I post this in the hope that it will begin a discussion on the implications of this again seemingly Official development.

As far as I'm aware it's set 200 years in the future, and the next Elder Scrolls is about 50 years in the future, so it hasn't happened yet.

In a fantasy game set in an imaginary world, everything is subject to change. Even the end of the world may be postponed for another game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

'Cuz you don't get to watch Fargoth burn and die?

Although he's probably dead by the book's time anyways.

Its probably because we didnt get to see the tidal wave T.T

I wish i couldve seen Fargoth burn to a crisp then swept by a tidal wave, that teaches him not to leave his ring in a stump :laugh:

ahhh Fargoth.... the official idiot Wood Elf of Morrowind, a much better one than the adoring fan i think, except the physics wont let me throw him into the crater of Dagoth Ur

oh how our wishes be never fulfilled