The Witcher 1 Modding Tools Gone?

dsarev

So I kicked up a new installation of The Witcher for old time's sake. While playing through I got to the swamp in Chapter II and got followed by the Nosy Dog. He always dies, and I always feel bad about it. Looking to make a simple mod to keep the dump mutt alive, I set out to make my first mod. From what I can see, however, every link that I've found for extracting The Witcher's game data is gone. I have the Djinni editor that comes with the game, but that doesn't help if I can't actually extract the games data (unless I'm missing something).

Does anyone still have these tools for extracting game data lying around?

• 5 years later...

Are we supposed to write our own key? Is there one we can download? I'm reading KEY BIF V1.1 Format on the Witcher Wiki and I am only more confused
Edit: We already have keys in the folder...
Second Edit: Trying to Extract textures00.bif and textures01.bif, and I'm selecting all of the keys, but nothing is extracting to the folder I chose.

Edited by Hrafnkol

Sorry to bump this again, but I am very frustrated because I'm trying to find .uti files and texture files for a wider variety of swords and armor than what I'm seeing. I am able to view .uti files for m0_it_stlswd01 - m0_it_stlswd06 and m0_svswd01, as well as m0_it_witcharm01 - m0_it_witcharm04. None of this was unavailable to me before trying to use UnBif, which I still haven't been able to get to work despite following the directions and running in Administrator mode. Send help!

Edit: I decided to try running UnBif in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3, and I believe it worked.

Second Edit: I still think it hasn't extracted all of the item textures.

Edited by Hrafnkol

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: I decided to try running UnBif in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3, and I believe it worked.

Second Edit: I still think it hasn't extracted all of the item textures.

What are the symptoms? What makes you think the item textures haven't all been extracted?

Djinni doesn't have all the items unless you unbiff them and add them; you'll need to add the .uti files to your The Witcher Enhanced Edition Directors Cut\Data\Templates\Items folder for them to show up when you're running Djinni. (They don't go in the Djinni folder but under Templates instead.)

• 1 year later...