Christian Mod (The days of Jesus)

silhouett

I do not have the time or resources to do this on my own but I have always thought Skyrim game engine is perfect for a tutorial or immersion in to history, Whether you are a Christian or not the surrounding backdrop to this mod would captivate you. The idea is to have Romans, Greeks, Jews and all their culture as it was in BC / AD time. One could walk the market place and see the Greek temples. Speak with the various religions of the day as well as hear of a man called Jesus who was in the area and eventually was to be executed. Mystics and such existed in those days note: in the story of Moses two of the Pharaohs own turn their staffs into snakes. So the Skyrim environment could could be a great stage to show Jewish customs and teachings, how Greeks believed and how Rome was in the center of this. This is a concept for quite a giant mod undertaking but I think it has potential as not necessarily a tool to convert someone to one belief or the other but to show how our own world is quite diverse in its beliefs, faiths, and systems of Government. I personally think you could choose say your walk in the beginning so you would see more of the culture you choose.

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim is a fantasy world. And as such it doesn't need to connect to real history. It would actually ruin the whole term.

Of course most of the designs and the ideas are based on real history. But bringing real history into the world destroys the genre: Fantasy

Fantasy is, like sience fiction, a way to drag you away from everything you know, so you don't have any connection with the real world. The idea is to let you work with the philosophy and problems without leaning against anything that will interfere with your decisions. A sanctuary where your mind is free from real life and its many demands, domination and expectations. An escape from all the instincts of the herd, so to speak.

"And as such it doesn't need to connect to real history. "

REAL HISTORY

Just saying.

Also, it's not your decision what can be put into game via mods.

I actually planned on making mod that would add some movie/religion etc. references into game, but never started it.

Anyway, the point is, you shouldn't disagree with mod request just because it's not something you want.

Making good points is something you "can" do, but just saying "hurrdurr this fits no lore" is not really good one.

I love "realistic" armors myself, those which are based on real life stuff. (Bob's armory, roman armors etc.)

I'd say that it doesn't matter if it fits the lore, only thing which is matter if it's implemented in immersive way. (So it doesn't look out of place in Skyrim)

Like, cartoony textures, horrible quality of meshes etc.

Anyway, I'll point out some stuff.

Making a mod like this would take time, there are some mods which add real armors/weapons into game.

Links

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32988/? Roman armor/ some others

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12060/? Much of stuff from different cultures, flawless quality. Some fantasy stuff as well.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55116/? Helmets

That's some I can remember outright.

Anyhow, as for the religious part, I think adding "simple" parts would be really cool, sort of references. Nothing too serious. Like the guys with snake staves. Though no idea really how to add those. Guy carrying cross (Or something talos-like) around, followed by some thalmor.

Things like that. Nothing too serious or massive.

Massive overhaul is unlikely to happen. Religion is touchy place for some people, and many feel insulted when it's used in any shape outside of bible. This could happen, but it's unlikely. Personally I would love to see some well made references.

First of all "Also, it's not your decision what can be put into game via mod" I never said that it was ? I also had suggested this mod back in the oblivion days not that I am claiming rights to it.

Now that said I for one am game to see a mod put together like this, greeks, romans, Jews, Christians, and the cities and behavior etc...

Yep he could forgive your sins if you are a sinful character or tell you that when you die you will join him in heavens and become an Arch Angel alongside Gabriel and Michael and fight evil when the end of the world will come. See guys how everything is connected? Ragnarok,End of the World,Armageddon in the end we all fight for some reason.

I laughed at the lore friendly statement Novem99 almost spit out the coffee, funny stuff.. Lordanestis has good thoughts there as the mod could take many directions including the characters from the beliefs of the people..

Yeah RS13 I see that now, must have skipped down too fast when I "sped *" Read it.

Edited by silhouett