Help! Invisible objects blocking path making it impossible to fini

My game has been doing the invisible object bit for about a month now and I have no tactics mod installed and activation/deactivation of Return to Kokari has no effect on the issue for me. What I do (and it works 99% of the time) is run into the invisible wall and then run along the wall to the right or left until I reach the end and I pass through. Sometimes I can go to the Pocket Plane and back and the thing is gone. When that fails I just go back a save and redo. I have never been completely stopped by it (although I probably just jinxed myself by saying so.)

My game has been doing the invisible object bit for about a month now and I have no tactics mod installed and activation/deactivation of Return to Kokari has no effect on the issue for me. What I do (and it works 99% of the time) is run into the invisible wall and then run along the wall to the right or left until I reach the end and I pass through. Sometimes I can go to the Pocket Plane and back and the thing is gone. When that fails I just go back a save and redo. I have never been completely stopped by it (although I probably just jinxed myself by saying so.)

Uhm, I do the same thing, I mean running along the wall til the end but in the mage origin, the entire passage is blocked. What do you do there if I might ask?

You guys are probably gonna end up having to use the console to get past it. Seems like a lot of the other stuff isnt working anymore :sad:

I hate recommending the console, cause peeps usually end up using it a lot, and some of the stuff in it can break the game :sad:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console

runscript zz_bhm_debug - mage origin helper script mage tower (I think)

Uhm, I do the same thing, I mean running along the wall til the end but in the mage origin, the entire passage is blocked. What do you do there if I might ask?

Did you try the Pocket Plane? Sometimes it will put you back in a different spot from where you left and you will be past the blockage. Failing that you would probably need to follow DarkeWolf's suggestion and use the console :blink:

make sure if disabling/uninstalling AT or WF for troubleshooting that you delete the package in your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data

there's three main places for a full disable

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns

i know i never used to check the core/data for leftovers and found about 5 or 6 "uninstalled" mod packages in there, something to do with dao mod manager, thats what i use anyway

good luck to you both :]

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh forget all the mods to fix the mod just simply type this .

runscript zz_jump_forward (in your console)

No more invisible barriers will ever block you.(ever)

• 2 weeks later...
I,m having the same problem in diff. places. Cant finish urn sacred ashes because the exit door is blocked. cant finish daa because path in the crype in the fade is blocked. I to believe its a mod doing it but which one i dont know yet. Im going to start deactivating 3 at a time and then check. Maby i,ll get lucky. I have a ton of mods in there so it will take awhile. If i find anything i,ll let everyone know. I,m not sure about how to do the jump foward thing or what dragonage---file php is so right now deactivating is my only option. I,ve never had AT or WF installed by the way.

I've never had AT or WF installed by the way.

Since it has been cited a few times in this thread, allow me to finally step in and affirm Winter Forge is very unlikely to be the culprit in those cases. TWF had this issue back in v0.4.0rc2 (released on the 6th of March) and that release was replaced / fixed less than 24 hours after the first "invisible wall" report I received. As far as I can remember, only 300-400 people had downloaded the faulty TWF version by the time I removed it from both Nexus and the BSN.

The current version doesn't have this bug.

As for a technical explanation while I'm here, there are two possible reasons behind those "walls" :

- They appear during autosave when the autosave doesn't occur in exploration mode. (combats, dialogs, yada, yada) if Craig's unlimited variables storage concept wasn't patched by the mod author.

- In Awakening, and only in Awakening, those "walls" appear if the change of char_stage wasn't taken in account (or, more likely, wasn't noticed) when implementing Craig's concept.

I've never had AT or WF installed by the way.

Since it has been cited a few times in this thread, allow me to finally step in and affirm Winter Forge is very unlikely to be the culprit in those cases. TWF had this issue back in v0.4.0rc2 (released on the 6th of March) and that release was replaced / fixed less than 24 hours after the first "invisible wall" report I received. As far as I can remember, only 300-400 people had downloaded the faulty TWF version by the time I removed it from both Nexus and the BSN.

The current version doesn't have this bug.

As for a technical explanation while I'm here, there are two possible reasons behind those "walls" :

- They appear during autosave when the autosave doesn't occurs in exploration mode. (combats, dialogs, yada, yada) if Craig's unlimited variables storage concept wasn't patched by the mod author.

- In Awakening, and only in Awakening, those "walls" appear if the change of char_stage wasn't taken in account (or, more likely, wasn't noticed) when implementing Craig's concept.

I unchecked return to the Kokari and it worked.