Help! Invisible objects blocking path making it impossible to fini

Thank you spets, that was not my problem :biggrin: but you did put me on the path to discovering what it was. My object was caused by the Upgrade Wand and was reported in the comments of the Advanced Tactics fix by daffywotw.

In the end, I discovered you can get the same issue with the Upgrade Wands mod. I noticed there are those commenting here, who have had the same trouble I've had. I also noticed alot of people experience it in the Crypt of Blackmarsh Undying. If you're using Upgrade Wants, deactivate it, load the start of Blackmarsh Undying, quick save, quickload, and the Crypts passage should be clear.

Thanks to both of you.

It seems that not every Invisible Object is caused by the same mod and there are many mods out there that are causing these issues. It might not be a bad idea for those of us encountering these problems to keep reporting locations and fixes in this thread so others that follow will have an easier time of it.

• 2 months later...

make sure if disabling/uninstalling AT or WF for troubleshooting that you delete the package in your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data

there's three main places for a full disable

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns

i know i never used to check the core/data for leftovers and found about 5 or 6 "uninstalled" mod packages in there, something to do with dao mod manager, thats what i use anyway

good luck to you both :]

ok.. the runscript zz_jump_forward worked for me.. its a pain in the ass to enable the console.. but deffinatly worth it, if you want to run certain mods that have a tendency to bug in some form or another... highly recomend it.. ty all for the info and fix..

• 5 months later...

RtKW never gave me the invisible object issue. It was solely caused by the upgrade wand for me. I don't use advanced tactics so I don't know about that one.

Hey XT! It's good to see you posting again! We've missed you around here man! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to post this, as I only found it one other place, but if all else fails for getting rid of the invisible walls, you can use the console to get around them

I found that some of the fixes proposed on the web helped with some areas, but other places the invisible walls remained. After enabling the console, you can type

"runscript zz_jump_forward"

and your character will be teleported forward a short distance. this can help you get around the invisible walls that block doors and entrances to places.

I spent a fair bit of time trying to figure this out, without any real results.