Small requests

xXShaddowTXx

This is an odd sort of thread.

In it, we can discuss the sorts of things we need and want in mods instead of discussing new epic mods we want to see.

What do I mean?

Well, there are oodles of threads here from people requesting that a team gets assembled to bring some epic new storyline of the week to life.

There are also threads complaining that there doesn't seem to be much modding going on lately.

I personally think that the two are related, but that's yet another thread.

What I'm proposing here is that we discuss the little mods or features that we want to see. Maybe someone can make these little things, and maybe this thread can survive awhile and not get lost in the shuffle the way individual threads about the little things usually do. With any luck, we might get better results or at least see some of these things wind up in the bigger mods.

Don't post ideas here about some big new epic questline. Those go in their own threads as usual. Instead, make this a thread for all those "... wouldn't it be great if there was a better way to...' and ".. how come there's no_____..." and "...what if?" type stuff. It would also be great if it wasn't too vague, like "how about some new armor?" or too specific like "How about some headgear like that rogue trader wore in episode 23 of that obscure anime show that nobody watches?" Instead, simpler things with broader appeal like "How about some easier-to-read signposts?" or "can somebody make a frog garden statue that spits water out of it's mouth?" or "I sure wish there was a spell that..." might be better for this thread.

We can also discuss how certain things might be accomplished. For example, if someone asks, "is there a way to make a goblin talk?" we can try to figure it out amongst ourselves. I for one think it would be very cool to have a talking goblin mod or modder's resource for use in all sorts of mods, like something to do with Goblin Jim's cave, for example. Discussions like these might open the door to all sorts of discoveries and new mods we never dreamed possible. I can recall one such discussion a couple of years ago which led to the creation of the first oblivion fishtank!

Yes, this whole section of requested mods is supposed to do all of this, but it doesn't do it as well as it should sometimes, does it? I don't know if this thread would help much at all with that, but maybe it's worth a shot. Or not. I dunno. I just think that maybe by stuffing a lot of little things in one very active thread, that thread won't disappear like most in just a few days, and maybe we'll see some fun stuff happen when more of the right people get a chance to notice it.

A wile back 3rdtryguy tried to start a this cool topic but it kind of stoped after going off topic and nothing really happend in it so I thought it would be cool to keep this alive and well by people here making small requests as 3rdtryguy said so everyone please let's try to keep this one and make some cool things out of it I am exited!

I will start by requesting that someone makes a small doungeon that is realistic and has barly any light at all a few rooms and some tresure nothing more I want it to require that you have a torch or night eye or something to see that is all thank you and let's get some requests to get this topic rolling!!!

PS: Please use the search function both on the forums and on google to see if your idea was already made before posting so that it keeps the thread clean. thank you!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I already have several requests / suggestions..

First of all, though I've asked before, a ship made into an item with havoks would make great possibilities, as swaying and reacting without needing to read a manual. Secondly, it'd make scripting a (moving) ship for vanilla users alot more accessible.

Second of all, and I don't understand how this can't already be thought of / found: snakes (and such). I personally would just love a huge sea serpent.

I'll stop now, as I have a million ideas, and will try not to scare people away :D

PS: the only thing I'd be able to help out with is scripting...

PPS: this could make a great thread.

I like your Idea about snakes and I to am surprised nobodie has made it but it is probably just an animation/modeling thing it takes a long time to do those...

"a ship made into an item with havoks would make great possibilities,"

What do you mean by this like an item you can drive because there are multiple ship driving mods out there...

"PS: the only thing I'd be able to help out with is scripting...

PPS: this could make a great thread. "

Yes that's what I mean people could post here and it would be done really fast and it would give new modders a chance to do something for someone else that is easy and get experience doing it.

oh a scripter that is a very nice thing I like that....That is a good idea posting what you can do in the editor I like it.

I can do minor minor scripting I am learning modeling texturing and animation right now (really far soon to be done learning :) !!!!) and can do interior design and am okay at exterior not landscaping just placement also I can do NPC tweaking (not facegen or anything like that though).

Agreed, hope it catches on

The thing with the ships is that there is mod for swaying them (rock rock rock your boat) which isn't quite 'realistic' is usage (no offence to the maker; I know it's still hard to make) and there are several sailing / driving mods. Thing is, if would be made an item or NPC (which seem to naturally float), they could do it all, all that's needed it havoks and the hole in the side filled up (I personnally love the bleached shipwreck mod). With this, they could easily be scripted to sail or move while being able to move around. They'd sway naturally, and even be able to capsize (depending on balance in havoks ofcourse). Furthermore, it'd make it more accessible for the less experienced modders to play around with themselves...

A havok'd ship wouldn't work - the physics would simply go haywire and your ship would end up stuck between some trees near Bruma. The physics system was never designed fore such use. It was intended for small items only.

Rock, rock, rock your ship is the best we're gonna get. :happy:

Well that one just whent down the drain dang :/

oh well....any body ant to try my dark dungeon mod request? XD

anybody have anymore requests?

I really think this could work if more people posted here...the more posts a thread has the molre people view it : )

For darker dungeons (and Cyrodiil) use Let There Be Darkness. Check out Let There Be More Darkness as well, in case you are using some of those supported mods. Also, there is already a mod detectives thread and this is the "requests" section. Maybe I am misunderstanding you...

Sure. Anything to help (and get this idea some attention). How 'bout a reskin of the Mythic Dawn Robes (UFF) using this texture, with hood to match: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-44064157/stock-vector-abstract-vector-muscle-background.html ?

Already writing an awesome script for it.

EDIT: Well, I've seen a few really dark dungeons. Ivellon comes to mind.

I know about the Darker Dungeons mod and darkness 80% or 50% and all that but what I meant was for somebody to make a Dungeon specifically for sneaking through and you can hardly see so enemies don't notice you and all this for total fun and as the idea was intended for small requests and to get new modders a chance to fullfill thier first requests without going out and over there head in trying to make the most epic quests with new creatures and animations and everything you ever wanted because than they burn them selves out and wont mod Oblivion ever again.... : (

Hey kieranfoy what texture do you want thierdo you want it to be all swirly like that and red kind of mixed with white or what...? .... you know I can't do it yet lol : ) but still.....?

Dark Dungeons and Let There Be Darkness are different mods, and I presume the 50% and 80% you are talking about has to do with Darker Nights...? As for a specific dungeon, the one in Gates to Aesgaard (I've only played Episode 1) is great for that. The mod is just all-around great, have not had so much fun being scared (and my tolerance for Horror is about...not there, so...) Adense Epic Dungeon will keep you lost for a while too.

GTA1 - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13814

GTA2 - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21693 <-- I think there is a delayer uploaded for this one on this page, so you can run them sequentially. If not, the delayer is uploaded elsewhere.

Adense Epic Dungoen Update - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27520 <-- just so you do not miss the updated version